• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday saw Descendents, 7 Seconds, Dead Milkmen, Suicide Machines, X and a few others in Philly. Suicide Machines were on fucking point and I'm always surprised when so many other people are into 'em –– but an even bigger surprise was my own reaction, how important that one record (Destruction by Definition) apparently still is to me! I lost track of 'em after the Battle Hymns album and I guess they went a little more hardcore, but the few later songs they played were also pretty rad. Anyway, without getting weird about it, definitely a 35 minutes I wouldn't trade anything for. Super biased but I don't think anyone came close to that yesterday.

Though X pretty much blew everyone else off the stage and kinda made Hot Water Music look like a buncha chumps. Descendents were fucking awesome, Dead Milkmen were a little rough and obviously hilarious and 7 Seconds kicked my ass a little bit and played super tight. All in all, pretty fucking rad day. And then drove home to BK, after a burger and coffee.

SUCCESS.

I haven't read through the thread but I have a feeling my shows are of a little different flavor than what most of y'all have been seeing, this month I went to see Phish for the first time, pretty good scene as far as the jam thing goes, the next week I went to Sound Tribe Sector 9, Snoop Dogg opened for tribe which was hilarious, never thought I'd see that guy live. A week later I went to Snowboard on the Rocks, 3 snowboard movie premiers and sets from Michael Menert, DOOMTREE, and RJD2, next night YAMN! played down the road from me so I checked that out... this last weekend I didn't go to a show but my friend spun a set in my living room from 7PM to 7AM.

Good month for music overall I'd say, had a lot of fun, I gotta give my legs a break from dancing though, if I bust my ankle before snowboard season I'll be pissed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
@dcostello, haha payback for all the killer shows you get to see. :D that's the first show i've been too in probably 3 years. only got to go because my buddy got me a ticket. it makes 6 times (which isn't bad since the first 5 times were from 94-96) for the supersuckers, first time i saw nashville pussy which they were good too. eddie sat in on bass with them.