I just saw Lucero(ok, last time around they were great) with Social D(very good). I have seen Lucero probably about 6 or 7 times, they are either really on or off. A couple of times they have been so drunk they could hardly function.

I am going to see a Government Issue reunion, they were around back in the beginning of hardcore in the DC area. I might also check out the Walkmen, I dig their new album.

I just saw Lucero(ok, last time around they were great) with Social D(very good). I have seen Lucero probably about 6 or 7 times, they are either really on or off. A couple of times they have been so drunk they could hardly function.

I am going to see a Government Issue reunion, they were around back in the beginning of hardcore in the DC area. I might also check out the Walkmen, I dig their new album.

i've heard that about Lucero, but every time i've seen them, they've been spot on. i'm hoping that this weekend won't be the same.

i'm so jealous of you going to that G.I. show. man, i love them so much. just saw Scream about a month ago.

5 out of 7 times I have seen them they are on the money. They were really good with the horn section this spring. GI is classic, before my time so I am happy to get to see them. I was born too late, DC had a great bunch of bands a couple of years before I was able to go to shows. Its good to know people on the west coast are aware of the old school harDCore bands other than Minor Threat. I had tickects for Scream last year, but couldnt get their due to one of their blizzards. I did see Scream minus Franz this Spring, Pete Stahl has got one of the best voices in Hardcore. It was Kent Stax on drums, Skeeter on bass (awesome guy), Dave Grohl on guitar and Pete singing. Enjoy, they should be great.

I saw Pavement a few months back... It was incredible.

Im more excited for drag the river on sunday. And if austin lucas plays that would be awesome.

i'm curious to see drag the river. i've heard nothing but good things about them live and i really dig their sound.

Even when the guys in Lucero are so hammered they can barely stand up it's still entertaining at least.

I'm contemplating going to the Bedouin Soundclash show at Slims on 12/7 but last time I saw them the crowd was a bunch of bros and made it extremely unenjoyable. It's like seeing the Dropkick Murphys nowadays. Used to be a ton of fun for me but the last two times I've gone and felt awkward and out of place at their shows. And feeling awkward and out of place somewhere you used to have fun is just a bummer.

Also, the main reason I saw Dropkicks last was because H20 was direct support. It was fucking amazing to see H20, but ridiculous how many blank stares they got from the Dropkicks bro crowd. Ugh.

Was that at the warfield? That was one hell of a show. And it has turned into a bro party.

yes and yes. amazing. singing along to Toby at the front of the stage while the douche in the green "irish" themed shirt RIGHT NEXT TO YOU AT THE FRONT OF THE STAGE stares at you is rather strange though. Do not like. There are some things I'll never get I guess

and damn Kenny- 97 they hadn't even put out a full length yet then had they? Crazy. That would have been rad to see Mike singing over those songs.

my first real "punk" show was Al's first tour with dropkick at Warped Tour '98. i was 13 and my dad went with me into the crowd, then he got pushed around by some skinheads and afterward he told me i could go to any show i wanted to by myself because i handled the crowd so well haha.

for my birthday, my boyfriend ordered me a happy "birthXcrisis" cake since i'm at my quarter life crisis marker. on the cake was a photo of me singing up front for H2O that he took at thee parkside. love those guys. first real show on my own with friends back in '99 at Slim's.

Yep, it was right before the first album came out. They use to have the Superbowl of Hardcore in DC every year in Dec or Jan and there would be 30 or so punk/hardcore/metal bands. They were a great band at that point. I saw them on Al's first tour in 98, the tour with the reunited Agnostic Front, US Bombs and Maximum Penalty and they were great as well. H2O, Ive seen them at least 10 times. Shit thats the first date with my babies mama. Very nice guys, always hanging out talking to the kids.

Africa Bambata is the shit, have fun.

Did anyone go to This is Hardcore fest this year in Philly? I see some people are from the east coast, and I want to know if it was worth it. I saw Sheer Terror was playing, and it bummed me out. That was my first show my pops took me to in 1995 @ the Berkeley square (I dont even remember that shit). Also Ink & Dagger was playing, and I still have not seen them.

Yep, it was right before the first album came out. They use to have the Superbowl of Hardcore in DC every year in Dec or Jan and there would be 30 or so punk/hardcore/metal bands. They were a great band at that point. I saw them on Al's first tour in 98, the tour with the reunited Agnostic Front, US Bombs and Maximum Penalty and they were great as well. H2O, Ive seen them at least 10 times. Shit thats the first date with my babies mama. Very nice guys, always hanging out talking to the kids.

Africa Bambata is the shit, have fun.

I love hearing the various histories, thanks. I had no clue the Superbowl of Hardcore started in DC.

Karl, Juan, Scott, why you guys staying silent? Karl, I know you got stories for days from both coast........... Juan and Scott , from all over....... Shit almost every show I still go to Juan is there and from what I understand always has been at the various shows supporting bands.

Did anyone go to This is Hardcore fest this year in Philly? I see some people are from the east coast, and I want to know if it was worth it. I saw Sheer Terror was playing, and it bummed me out. That was my first show my pops took me to in 1995 @ the Berkeley square (I dont even remember that shit). Also Ink & Dagger was playing, and I still have not seen them.

I am pretty out of the loop in the hardcore/punk world unless it is one of my friends bands. Having kids does not help. Had I known Sheer Terror was playing I probably would have made the trip. God I loved Sheer Terror.