I acquired a copy from the internet and I am pretty disappointed with the final product. I will always respect what Ness has done with Social Distortion, and the amazing songs he has written. The new album just lacks the punch pretty much every album had. There are a few stand out songs, but nothing that got me really excited

I dont want to ruin it for everyone, because if you are as big of a social d fan as I am, you have been waiting 6ish years for this record. I kinda feel like I did when St. Anger came out (except not as angry)

Still cant wait to see them in Feb!

• 2 weeks later...

i saw them at the first fox theater show and they were good they have that shit down to a science, i do like how loche never actually answered the question just circled it.haha i think your ready to become a therapist after all... i think the later records all have good songs but there just too produced. its like a journey record and i love that shit wheel in the sky...fuck me running.... social d will always rule and with lucero man my vagina is weeping.

i saw them at the first fox theater show and they were good they have that shit down to a science, i do like how loche never actually answered the question just circled it.haha i think your ready to become a therapist after all... i think the later records all have good songs but there just too produced. its like a journey record and i love that shit wheel in the sky...fuck me running.... social d will always rule and with lucero man my vagina is weeping.

haha, I'm trying homie. That neutral POV i learned from the best....you know who I'm referring to! Though I did give Two Bags a plug that wasn't neutral!!

Anywho, they were early demos so the album could be completely different. I always enjoy Social Distortions stuff but enjoy the earlier stuff most. I actually had all the albums except the new one on shuffle today and only skipped a few songs (they were all live ones with shitty recording). The newer stuff just makes me want to get in a custom and drive down the five, much mellower.

Is that better Scott? Did you get some of my opinion out of that? huh? How are you elevating your hand while playing on LST?

Madball at Thee Parkside on Sunday. Anyone else going?

Wanted to go but school starts this weekend and Sundays in class til eight so will be beat. But if I do have enough energy you better believe I'll be there! I used to enjoy jumping off the wall by the bathroom then Mailea and Jason put the blocker up there to ruin my fun, ha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, I went to go see As Lay Dying last night @ The Oakland Metro and was constantly laughing at some of the people there.

Some band called "Winds of Plague" opened for them. It was one of the worst things my ears have heard. As I Lay Dying was actually pretty good. Not my first choice in live bands, but they put on one hell of a show.

• 2 weeks later...