Fraud In Tattooing

DJDeepFried

Saw this article in BME:

BME: Tattoo, Piercing and Body Modification News » ModBlog » Fraud in Tattooing

I know the whole "color tattoos with no outline" thing has been discussed on the board elsewhere, but I had no idea a healed tattoo could look this bad -- after only four months! Wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the matter.

yeah i saw this and was soooooooooooooooooooooo glad. i had no idea that this was something to pay attention to, and I have almost 25 tattoos, but mostly black and gray which always heal quite nice. I stopped reading BME because i didnt feel i completely fit in but I love the posts that have been going on there recently.really informative, interesting stuff there right now.

I'm not a fan of having an unknown (to me) artist working on me at a convention or anywhwere. At a convention, there is no allegiance to the client like you have when working from a shop.

I don't know how widespread the problem is. Call me old school, but I still like a solid outline and the color filled in well. Any sizeable tattoo I've ever gotten has needed a touch up here and there. And nothin' looks better than a month-old healed tattoo, its all downhill from there. Your results may vary.

Rob

I read this and to me the fraud is the article itself. To me the photos look to clearly to be two different tattoos.

tattoos-dont-always-last-600x397.jpg

The hair strands spacing is different especially on the right side around the cheek, the top of the nose hole is different shapes, the background is a lot larger on the" healed" pic. i could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.

I read this and to me the fraud is the article itself. To me the photos look to clearly to be two different tattoos.

The hair strands spacing is different especially on the right side around the cheek, the top of the nose hole is different shapes, the background is a lot larger on the" healed" pic. i could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.

She claims to have "proof" -- uncropped photos that show the guy's other tattoos. She also posted this gif:

http://news.bmezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/animated-tattoo.gif

@slayer9019: I agree that "fraud" is a strong word, but that's what she titled the article.

no shadow on the blood drips coming off the jaw to the right of the screen. no shadow on the fresh but shadow on the healed

wow. im not a troll. that is super mean. I am a visibly tattooed lady. i joined this board last spring but forgot about it for awhile. Now had decided to really become a part and have a slow internet connection this weekend, so am slowly adding to my profile. sorry to offend. I came here to join in discussions abt my love of tattooing. I have been tattooed by some of what many here would say are some of the best in the business, I sit patiently on waiting lists, save up, and really get to know the artists that I collect from.... and am continuing to add to my awesome collection( 20 plus and counting, saving up 4 a sleeve i hope to get next year by an amazing cali artist) that i was hoping to start sharing here. I am a total geek about this stuff and find any discussions really interesting. tho im not huge on BME i assumed this tattooing community is open to everyone that is dedicated in some way to this wonderful art form, and figured debates/disagreements here can be treated respectfully. sorry, i wasnt trying to start trouble. wow. i will delete my profile when i have a faster connect in the morn. thanks.

She claims to have "proof" -- uncropped photos that show the guy's other tattoos. She also posted this gif:

http://news.bmezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/animated-tattoo.gif

@slayer9019: I agree that "fraud" is a strong word, but that's what she titled the article.

I think that gif proves its not the same tattoo. The eyes and the nose line up but nothing else does. the hair seems to move around and the arm is a different size. just my opinion.

Saw this article in BME:

BME: Tattoo, Piercing and Body Modification News » ModBlog » Fraud in Tattooing

I know the whole "color tattoos with no outline" thing has been discussed on the board elsewhere, but I had no idea a healed tattoo could look this bad -- after only four months! Wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the matter.

ok so i took a look at the photo. something tells me that thats not the same tattoo. the shadow patterns arent the same. there are areas that are darker than they started and that wont happen ever. not to mention there are areas where the shadows are completely different and that wont happen either. the two tattoos dont match and it doesnt add up. ive seen tattoos fade but certainly not change

@marymary I don't think there was any need to remove your writing or delete your profile... I was interested in what you had to say. Seems this article has people very up-in-arms, apparently there were over 300 comments on this guy's facebook page about it (my husband read some of them). It's kind of interesting -- he had explanations for all the differences insisting that it's the same tattoo on the same person. To me the second image seems over-exposed but I don't know or really care that much either way about that particular tattoo..

It does make me want to see more differences/comparisons between fresh tattoos and say 1 year later, 2 years later, 5 years later etc. though.