Snakes snakes snakes

SStu

I have a yoneyama snake in my leg as filler, he also did a hermit crab/skull on the side of my knee. Two of my favourite tattoos!

I usually never post my own tattoos but Williams work needs showing off

6a38b8ca.jpg

What a combo!! Couldn't have picked better subject matter for his style. Fabulous.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I was just reading this thread and realized that I don't think I've ever put a picture of my little snake on here. It is very different from the rest of what's on this thread, but I love how it sits on my arm. Ron Wells did it a year ago. Both tattoos I have from him feature a lot of solid black and are sort of stealth tribal. Sorry about the bathroom photo.

IMG_20160711_243156894.jpg

Edited by polliwog

Don't have any snake tattoos but we  do have lots of baby snakes because my wife has gotten into breeding Jungle Carpet Pythons. I think we have 17 newly hatched ones- 13 news ones and four from last year. Hit me up if you are interested although I think she would want to wait until it cools down some before live shipping them. 

• 4 months later...

I see an error here, that, kindly enough, has been made on me as well. I went back, and it has been said before, somewhere in the general forum, that faces are always meant to face towards the center of the body. It's not actually true with every face, especially snakes, which was the error on me. Sorry, if that offends anyone who is in Will Yoneyama's fandom?

This is a 21 yr old snake that's seriously endangered at the moment... it's just been lined over for a new working.  Metamorphosis to a raven actually...

The snake was inked freehand by a guy called Pert from Ireland at the fist Scottish tattoo convention.  I remember he was pretty hungover and did this in 90 mins or so.  Probably wasn't my cleverest thought process for new art at the time.  That said, I have always enjoyed it - I just regretted that I had slapped a big celtic flash where I did and the first one at the bottom.  I wanted a tattoo and hadn't really worked out the plan well enough!  Also, I have written a book on emerald tree boas and am a bit of a snake aficionado (bred them for more than a decade) - this rendering didn't quite say Corallus canina to me.  So, say bye bye to an emerald tree boa - my kids will miss her!  Maybe another one will pop up on the canvas another day.  

Pert snake.jpg