Snakes snakes snakes

SStu

• 3 weeks later...
I was considering putting a snake around my ankle with some roses as an ankle bracelet. As a cover up for a bracelet of flowers that I have never liked.

Certainly as long as the negative space between the coils was being utilized it would be easy enough to avoid the barber pole, Christmas garland confusion. Snakes are great for coverups, too.

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Garver does killer snakes. I met Frank Romano at the Seattle Convention about three years ago, and he has an awesome cobra that Chris did on his stomach. And the one he did on Tim Hendricks is bad as shit as well.

I've been talking with Chris' assistant about getting a snake done this summer taken from one of his prints. It looks promising.

I was tattooed by Chris almost ten years ago. He is a great guy, and a large part of my love for tattoos comes from getting tattooed by him. If you can make it happen don't hesitate.

Unfortunately I just got a quote based on Garver's daily session rate and there's no way I'm paying what he's currently charging. I'm not above spending good money to get a great tattoo from a great artist but I have certain limits too. If it wasn't NYC I'm sure it would be much different. As far as I'm concerned he can charge as much as he wants if he can get it but not from me. Oh well, back to square one.

Unfortunately I just got a quote based on Garver's daily session rate and there's no way I'm paying what he's currently charging. I'm not above spending good money to get a great tattoo from a great artist but I have certain limits too. If it wasn't NYC I'm sure it would be much different. As far as I'm concerned he can charge as much as he wants if he can get it but not from me. Oh well, back to square one.

I don't know what he's charging, but Seth Wood does some of the nicest snakes in the business.

I don't know what he's charging, but Seth Wood does some of the nicest snakes in the business.

As an amazing coincidence I just got a call back from another artist who's guesting near me in the summer who I emailed a couple of months ago about a different project. So now the snake is on hold for now and a clipper ship will be next. I guess things happen for a reason. Thanks though I will keep Seth Wood in mind when the time comes again and another member also suggested Timothy Hoyer. Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...