October 2012 Best Tattoo of the Month Contest

Lochlan

Great work this month!

On a side note, this has been on my mind since joining, by the way. I might be completely out of line here, but I gotten the impression that some people, and I am not gonna name names, nor can I think of a specific example, vote solely for the Name of the artist rather than the art itself.

I will just add that some one might post a tattoo of some "no name" artist that is better than one of our favorites.

Sadly, I think the votes would go to the tattooer that LSTers are familiar with.

Again, just a thought from the "Community Prick" aka me! lol

I have seen examples of what you are saying, some tattoos get a few more votes than they should but I think for the most part the best tattoos are winning. I have received just as many votes a few months ago with the panther a guy at my shop did, as the stuff I got at Blackheart and Spider Murphy's. Last month I preferred the Danny Reed tattoo, but the Mike Rubendall tattoo was amazing and deserved to win. Last month was crazy with submissions, and i have a feeling next month will be too, as most people understand that it's better to submit entries at the beginning of the month.

I have seen examples of what you are saying, some tattoos get a few more votes than they should but I think for the most part the best tattoos are winning. I have received just as many votes a few months ago with the panther a guy at my shop did, as the stuff I got at Blackheart and Spider Murphy's. Last month I preferred the Danny Reed tattoo, but the Mike Rubendall tattoo was amazing and deserved to win. Last month was crazy with submissions, and i have a feeling next month will be too, as most people understand that it's better to submit entries at the beginning of the month.

I agree, I have never not seen a "best" tattoo not win yet. I hit like on every tattoo I actually like, which usually mimics my behaviour on Instagram (like, like, like like)

Sadly I have another 6 months before my tattoo is near finished so no posting for me!

Great work this month!

On a side note, this has been on my mind since joining, by the way. I might be completely out of line here, but I gotten the impression that some people, and I am not gonna name names, nor can I think of a specific example, vote solely for the Name of the artist rather than the art itself.

I will just add that some one might post a tattoo of some "no name" artist that is better than one of our favorites.

Sadly, I think the votes would go to the tattooer that LSTers are familiar with.

If you have favourite artist then you will like there work, hence that's why they are your favourite artist.

I'm no artist but i am a draughtsman so i know how to draw, you can put the best artist's tattoo in front of me and if the lines are shakey and its not technically perfect then i wont like it, its all about personal taste.

Anyway this monthly vote is just a bit of light hearted fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to sure if I have won this month or not it is very close, If in fact I have been lucky enough to win the shirt is there anyway I could donate it to a LST member that might need it more than I do. What is happening in NYC is terrible and if I can help by passing on a fresh new T shirt I would like to do that

Well done Dumpleton looks like you pipped me at the post, last time i looked a week ago we was both the same.

Nice front piece and a deserved winner.

Great work this month!

this month tristen bentley beat out Valerie Vargas so I dont think LST discriminates

Yeah Bulldog' date=' about 2 weeks ago I went on vacation, at that point you had around 10 votes more than me, when I returned home at the end of the month I believe you had me by one or 2 votes I was shocked to have made a come back.

Stoked and thanks for the votes everyone.[/quote']

You deserve it, that's an awesome tattoo.

It's that time of the month........

And the winner is @Dumpleton (post #9) with his ship with kraken and other sailor-esq front piece tattooed by Tristan bentley @ Ocean Ink in Sydney Australia, congratulations!

PM me your shirt size and address or let me know what you want to do as I saw your kind offer

It's time for November's Tattoo of the Month Contest

Thanks to all who posted and liked as that may have been the highest numbers of likes......