Greetings from snowy Canada

Rilla

Hey, Riley from Rocky Mountain House, AB. I'm a 32 year old father of a 9 month old little boy named Griffin. I got my first tattoo at 17, joined up here after stumbling across the site researching for some new tattoos. Thanks.

What are you thinking of getting/who are you thinking of getting it from? There are a lot of killer tattooers in Alberta.

I'm going to try and get in with Doug Fink at Bushido in Calgary, I haven't met him but I've got a few friends who know him. I also liked Rick Wilson's portfolio at Strange World Tattoo in Calgary. Finally I'm going to also check out Lucas Ford at Classic Tattoo in Red Deer. I'm looking at starting with a Japanese style half sleeve, do you have any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to LST and congratulations on being a new dad! Have you gotten tattooed since your first back at 17?

Thanks man, yeah I got a tattoo of my college baseball team logo on the other shoulder blade back in about 04. Both pretty bad tattoos, but I was just a dumb (ex)-athlete who thought playing sports defined me, haha. A few years ago I designed my own skyline type half sleeve, paid the deposit, and when I went in to have it done the stencil was about 12 x 16 (inches). Told em it was supposed to go on my arm, they suggested my ribs, back or chest. So I luckily bailed on that, put everything on the backburner for a few years, had a realization that i needed to expand my horizons and here we are. I'm still kind of in a transition phase of shifting from 9-5 working zombie into a happier-with-less-is-more type. Any way thanks for the warm welcome, and look forward to some needed advice. Peace!!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome..

Thanks Shannon

• 1 month later...

I don't want to hijack another thread so I'm just going to post my dumb thoughts on here. First of all this place is seriously addicting, there are so many good tattoos being posted it's amazing. Thank goodness I have things(responsibilities) holding me back from spending a shit load of money on travelling and tattoos. Secondly I wish I had a picture but I saw such a bad ass bald eagle this morning, it was just sitting on a deer on the side of the road with a bunch of ravens jumping around it, and it had such a 'just fucking try it' look on, made driving on these shitty snowy roads totally worth it today.

Welcome aboard, from a fellow Albertan! Did you guys up in Rocky get smacked with the snow as well? Lethbridge is a mess right now.

Sure did, getting sick of this already, only 4 or so months to go right.

I lived in the bridge for three years, just asked my wife is she'd consider moving there.

Sure did, getting sick of this already, only 4 or so months to go right.

I lived in the bridge for three years, just asked my wife is she'd consider moving there.

I wouldn't move here if your lookin for good tattoos :P their are only a couple of artists here i would let come near me, even then I don't get tattoo'd here. Too many friends with horrible work done. The worst part is this city seems to think they are good artists :P

Hi and welcome. If you are looking to be responsible and save money, you might want to leave now. There is so much great stuff posted here everyday day that it makes it hard to be a sensible person. I haven't finished my first tattoo and I'm already planning the next one.

Thanks, I hear ya, coming across this place a couple of months ago has been both a blessing and a curse. So many down to earth, honest members with such deadly work. I'll continue to lurk, like and learn.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't move here if your lookin for good tattoos :P their are only a couple of artists here i would let come near me, even then I don't get tattoo'd here. Too many friends with horrible work done. The worst part is this city seems to think they are good artists :P

Yeah i was a poor student when I lived there so tattoos weren't really a priority. At least Calgary is close for you, have you checked out Classic Tattoo in Red Deer? www.facebook.com/classictattoo403

I've got some appointments booked there in the new year, very excited.

Yeah i was a poor student when I lived there so tattoos weren't really a priority. At least Calgary is close for you, have you checked out Classic Tattoo in Red Deer? www.facebook.com/classictattoo403

I've got some appointments booked there in the new year, very excited.

I honestly haven't been looking into get more tattoos here. I'm going to be going traveling around europe for awhile and then go down to the states for a few months before i move to Victoria, so my money is kinda tied up. Although I was looking for a shop to do a traditional cobra and dagger and Classic is looking like a great choice for such a piece!