The Tattoo Pain-Scale

Dan S

Lower abdomen by the pubes should be higher. That was fucking miserable.

LOL can't wait until my appointment at the end of the month. Right across the pubes and down the sides, getting my jackhammer framed with a really bizarre illustration. My lady already hates the idea /LOL

- - - Updated - - -

...and yes I will post pics with sock on the cock

• 2 weeks later...
Ha!! That's makin' me think that there's no f*ckin' way I'm getting my feet done! :)

I was thinking the same thing! I'm still getting my feet done though. Might just put it off a little longer

- - - Updated - - -

Ha!! That's makin' me think that there's no f*ckin' way I'm getting my feet done! :)

I was thinking the same thing! I'm still getting my feet done though. Might just put it off a little longer

I didn't find my collarbones to be super painful as far as tattoos go, though when I was getting my first one done where was a point when he was going right over the bone and I felt vibrations through my entire skeleton and that was really unpleasant. Then of course because I was lopsided I needed to eventually get the second one done and I wasn't looking forward to it. It ended up being okay though.

I have five sessions booked for a tiger on my ribs and I am fucking terrified.

Hate that vibration feeling worse than the pain, same feeling when I got my knee done . Sorest and hardest heal for me so far was top of the thigh , was limping for a week after that.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

That chart was probably made by someone who hasn't gotten many tattoos or didn't do any research.

Armpit/inside upper arm sucks (closer to the armpit the worse it gets.)

Back of the lower leg sucks

Side of torso is wicked

Parts of my back sent shooting pain down my arms (around the spine.)

Ankle wasn't too awesome

The easiest was my forearm for sure.

Cant wait for my chest, I know I'm going to be in pain city.

This is interesting, I found that scale on the web, trying to make sure I haven't picked the worst spot for my first tattoo (upper right shoulder). I'm hoping I can make it for three hours without having to take too many breaks... I have given birth and dealt with some bad pain in my life, so I'm hoping, but I've never been tattooed, and I'm guessing the pain is different for everyone?

This is interesting, I found that scale on the web, trying to make sure I haven't picked the worst spot for my first tattoo (upper right shoulder). I'm hoping I can make it for three hours without having to take too many breaks... I have given birth and dealt with some bad pain in my life, so I'm hoping, but I've never been tattooed, and I'm guessing the pain is different for everyone?

yes,IMO it is different for everyone and pain levels for specific body areas are different for everyone too,

1)pre-hydrate the day before

2)get a good nights sleep

3)eat a good meal before the tattoo(quality food,nothing greasy)

4)bring a couple bottles of water and some candy like skittles,M&M's,jelly beans,etc,etc keep your electrolytes up during the tattoo

5)during the tattoo put yourself somewhere pleasant in your head,you can control the pain

6)relax during the tattoo,make sure you are sitting or laying comfortably

you will be fine :) don't over think the process in the days leading up to the tattoo

Hands down the most painful place to get tattooed is the fingertips and finger joints on the palm side. Armpits, feet, ankles, ribs, head...are all nothing compared to the palm. The feeling of getting your finger tendons tattooed is bat shit crazy. Like legitimate torture. And I say tendons because to make it stick you have to drill right into the innards of the palm/fingers.

Holy shit. I just did an all day sit for my back while on the rag and hot damn it was horrible! Last sit was no problemo but this made a thousand percent difference!

That's brutal. I may of booked all my appointments around any possibility of lining the two up. This kid is not that tough. How's the back going so far?

Holy shit. I just did an all day sit for my back while on the rag and hot damn it was horrible! Last sit was no problemo but this made a thousand percent difference!

Nooo! I have my first sleeve sitting on friday and i just started. :( Feeling like shit now AND Im terrified to boot. To make things worse, im scheduled this way for the next 5 months......Sigh

I just keep telling myself its gonna be beautiful. Jen, your a rock star!