Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Born Weird art show and book.

8 posts in this topic

I just wanted to mention this new project we are working on. It is an exhibit catalog for an art show with the theme “Born Weird” at Portland’s own Upper Playground gallery FIFTY24PDX. Craig Brown of Historic Tattoo and Scott Boyer of Yellow Beak Press have hand picked the contributors for this project. Tattooers were selected based on style and asked to paint four sheets containing gross or weird subject matter. The result seem to be all over the board from gross-out to just bizarre. We promise it won’t disappoint! The book we are producing will include all of the content from the exhibit and some extra material. We hope to have it out in early 2013. Check Yellow Beak Press production updates.The opening was on 10-4-12 at PDX’s Upper Playground gallery. The exhibit will be up until December 2012. The roster is as follows.

Aaron Coleman

Adam Craven

Adam Warmerdam

Andrew Stickler

Andy Campoy

Bart Bingham

Bradley Delay

Craig Brown

Danny Reed

Erik Gillespie

Ezra Haidet

Jeff Rassier

Jeremy Joachim

Jesse Bob

Jesse Gordon

John Henry Gloyne

Josh Howard

Justin Wheeler

Luis Campos

Matthew Welch

Matt Ziolko

Miguel “Uzi” Montgomery

Murray Sell

Nick Filth

Scott La Rock

Sean O’Neill

Shawn Mcdonald

Tim Lehi

Zach Shereck

I saw all the finished sheets for the first time this week. Everyone really threw down on this one. It was super impressive to see them displayed in the gallery. If you are near Portland check it out!

CultExciter and lving4today like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Posts

• hardest thing is to pretend its not there for a month - but thats what my advice is - give a month - 6 weeks - see what you got then the original tattoo has a bit of a muted look to it imo - not my style but whatever good luck
    • I think the coloring is actually looking better today... soooooooooooo crusty though LOL
    • (1) What is your perception of what last sparrow tattoo Forum is today?  I still believe LST is one of the few pockets of the internet where the community really takes the tattoos and tattoo experience seriously - despite the wave of dumbed-down posts. LST reminds me of what BMEzine was back 15+ years ago when I discovered a curiousity for the taboo counterculture. It is a good archive of quality tattoos and information on the subculture but also a good forum for a community of knowledgeable and passionate tattoo enthusiasts around the world. That's why I've stuck around. People that get tattooed because they love/hate it! Not just because they want a tattoo as a fashion accessory. (2) why do you participate? LST gives me a space to discuss tattoos (my own and see others) and discuss the tattooing process and the concept of being an illustrated person. I don't really get an opportunity to do that in person outside of a tattoo shop. No one cares haha! Like oh yeah budd got another ok so what...LST people share your excitement, share your pain haha. LST gives me a chance to promote the good tattooing local to my area but also I get to see/read what else is going on around the world in terms of what the community is getting made on them and what makes for good solid tattooing. Also gives an opportunity to share our collective experience with folks that are new to the tattoo counterculture and approaching tattoo with sincerity. And a dose of real-talk when the bullshit starts watering down the forum. (3) what have you gained from it? A better understanding of why I got tattoo in the first place and continue on my path with my tattoos. LST has given me a forum to express and explore my tattoo journey - for myself and to share with the community here. Tattoo has always had this "too-cool" vibe to it. Maybe that's what drew most of us in in the first place? I feel this forum helps break down those barriers and just get to what's what - tattoo. I try and take that away from LST and apply that to the in-person real world.  I've gained some friendly internet stranger acquaintances. Supportive and enthusiastic tattoo kin-folk ! Even if it is just a "like" on the 'gram, I know the LSTer on the other side of the country knows whats up! so thx. (4) what do you think will make it better?  More passionate tattoo collectors, less tattoo-tourism. More honest discussion. More sharing, less jabs - this isn't reddit !
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics