Need some advice as to adding colour to this.....

lorie

This is supposed to be a satisfying coverup of a tattoo gone bad, but I had the artist stop there as I am not sure how to fill the eyes and feather areas in with. Should I add an outline of a red heart or two? Should I get white ink added over the black to soften it. This is not a first choice of a coverup, but it was a weird shaped original tatt and this went over well. It's on the back of my neck and want it brightened up a bit and not so stark. Any ideas? Need some ideas to take to the artist. Thanks everyone

img_00000455_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and ignore the lotion. Haha!!

Honestly, it lacks definition, but I understand coverups. You don't always get the pick of the litter. That said, white will not "save" this tattoo. White is best used as an accent, something that poor tattooers have yet to discover. This is because of the way it reacts over time. My suggestions right now is to see if some of the elements can be tightened up and if some brighter colors can be implemented in the background to create a little more contrast.

Honestly, it lacks definition, but I understand coverups. You don't always get the pick of the litter. That said, white will not "save" this tattoo. White is best used as an accent, something that poor tattooers have yet to discover. This is because of the way it reacts over time. My suggestions right now is to see if some of the elements can be tightened up and if some brighter colors can be implemented in the background to create a little more contrast.

She needs someone well-versed in cover up work to have a look at it. I think it can be improved upon.

Rob