Best in the Midwest

fuckhead

The midwest definitely does not get enough love on this board, most really stunning tattooers set up shop on the coasts and for obvious reasons. So, this is the thread to talk about the men and women who don't get enough praise and/or recognition!

Who do you like in the Midwest? I know there are good tattooers everywhere but they're a little harder to find around here it seems...

if Colorado counts

yeah i was wondering where the midwest stops as far as this goes.

Anyone & everyone at Bolder Ink if thats the case, although personally I dont count CO or any of the mountain range as midwest. I figure if it's not flat anymore it doesnt really count as midwest haha

Well, supposedly "The midwest region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin."

so speaking only of people i've seen their work on folks, rich t at bicknee in coalton-ohio, durb morrison at red tree in columbus-ohio, jay blevins at high street in columbus-ohio, rev chad wells at wells and co. in dayton-ohio, dana brunson at designs by dana in cincinnati-ohio, andy blair at flying tiger in cincinnati-ohio, kori flatmo at plurabella in cincinnati-ohio and john massie who works at five star tattoo in louisville-ky but also works at one of the designs by dana shops so i'll include him in the midwest list.

Chris Smith? Zach Dole? Matt Headley? Katie Sellegren (I know she is moving)? Andrew Stickler, Adam Shrewsbury, Jeff Whitehead?

Word, for some reason don't think of Whitehead as being around here because I always associate him with Cali, ha. I know he's trying to get back there soon. I should hit him up in Chicago because its much closer to here than Cali is!

No SD/ND/NE/IA/WY/MT love? I totally understand why.

Word, for some reason don't think of Whitehead as being around here because I always associate him with Cali, ha. I know he's trying to get back there soon. I should hit him up in Chicago because its much closer to here than Cali is!

No SD/ND/NE/IA/WY/MT love? I totally understand why.

Sellegren is or was in Iowa. I have seen some other good tattoos out of these states, just don't know who did them, also not sure that would give me enough of an example to claim Best in Midwest.

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Taylor at Lucky 7 or Rod Creamer at Sideshow, both in the Kc area are legit with what they do. Also in that area would be kimo, worth checkin out, or weird harold at weirdo's. wes Grimm. Couple i cant remember the names too right now...it will hit me when im gettin ready to pass out im sure

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I was in the midwest (Montrose, Iowa) up until September, and now have made my tattooing home at Blackheart Tattoo in San Francisco. I will always be a midwestern girl at heart :)

The best midwestern tattooers in my opinion:

Josh Arment (Aloha Monkey)

Nick Colella (CTC)

Mario Desa (CTC)

Josh Howard (?)

Josh Palmer (Aloha Monkey)

Tim Beck (Freedom Ink)

Jeff Zuck (Name Brand)

Brad Fink (Iron Age)

Jef Whitehead (Taylor St.)

Miles Maniaci (Deluxe)

Turbo (Taylor St)-- currently out with a broken hand