terrible tattoos

67olds

10 hours ago, ANM101ajm said:

This is the worst tattoo ever! Supposed to be a cover up, bit you can clearly see the old one showing through. Done by Starr, at circus muse, in atascosita tx. 

From their web page:

A non- traditional artist that specializes in Acrylic and Water Color  on canvas.

Currently serving an apprenticship to sharpen and broaden her knowledge on the art of tattooing.

I guess "non-traditional" would be one way to describe it!

Edited by PinkUnicorn

@SStu I'm going to anointed ink in Huffman. Should have went there to begin with. Talked to frank/Frankie the main guy. Said he could go over it with no ink to lighten it up, so he would be able to cover it better. And wash with sea salt a couple days What do y'all think of that? I'm not doing laser removal. https://www.facebook.com/anointedinktattoos/

Edited by ANM101ajm
Needed to add sea salt wash detail.

Well I'm trying to decide what to do. Definetly not laser removal. I have only had one other in shop tattoo before. I never had a problem with it at all, and it looks great still.  I'm definetly not an expert so thats why I'm asking around. Interesting though, I am curious if any one had ever tried the no ink, fade out approach.  I will update though when I get some work done.  I'm totally sad and mad about all this.  :(

On February 1, 2018 at 10:23 AM, ANM101ajm said:

Said he could go over it with no ink to lighten it up, so he would be able to cover it better. And wash with sea salt a couple days What do y'all think of that? 

I'd keep looking. You got the original tattoo - healed over - first layer of scar tissue. Then you got a coverup - healed over - second layer of scar tissue. Now this guy want to tattoo you again with no ink - heals over - third layer of scar tissue. Then you get the cover up - heals again - fourth layer of scar tissue. Too many for me.

What is the science behind how sea salt is going to pull the ink out of your skin, even when it's broken up by the tattoo machine? You realize that you would literally be pouring salt into an open wound, right?

@Gingerninja already gave you good advice - do your research and don't be in a hurry. 

Edited by Hogrider

Good luck. The community here has a lot of experience (Dan, SStu and Hogrider). If you don't want to take advice from people who have a lot of experience, go forth. I think that you are very likely to end up with a mess. Your skin, your body, your choice. I've been down the laser path for a bad tattoo and glad that I did. I was able to get it lighten enough for a great tattoo. 

• 3 months later...