MsRad

• 7 months later...

The other thing I get from this show is seeing the number of amazing small businesses making great fast food. Places with a history in the local community making fantastic food.

How could a company like McDonalds thrive and grow in such an environment? Why would anyone want to go to a McDonalds when there is so much diversity and quality with burgers for example.

Stepping Stone Cafe. You eat here because we let you.

Menus - Portland, OR - Salvador Molly's Restaurant

These are the two places he visited in his trip to Portland. Stepping Stone has really good normal size breakfast, although he visited because of the oversize omelet and 13 inch pancakes. Salvador Molly's is hit and miss IMO, The challenge was Great Balls of Fire, which I kind of relate to the chicken wing challenge story above, just too much spice. Alright for a beer and a appetizer though.

On the Man v Food Carnavore Challenge they've got Adam Richman wearing a suit, collar and tie. It just looks wrong. The shirt is undone at the neck. I recon he can't do it up. Hahahaha.

Jacel that Hamblogger site is amazing. I just read about the burgers in Mongolia,of all places.

No worries, Jade.

Here is another one:

Hamburger America

A Hamburger Today - America's Favorite Hamburger Weblog!

On the serious eats site, there is this guy called, Kenji (Serious Eats: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's Profile) who is like a mad scientist of fast food, he had someone freeze and then overnight him a DOUBLE-DOUBLE from IN-N-OUT, so he could recreate it from scratch at home. He did this wild experiment at home to recreate McDonald french fries (involves vinegar).

Pretty cool and fun stuff. Glad you dug it!

Not really into food challenges myself, but we do have a curry house here that does soup curry. It has differnt spice levels 1-10, 15, 20, 30, 40. It's very nice on cold winter nights, but after 6 you just lose the taste of the food and can only taste a powdery pepper flavour. So 5 is a good number, will still make your nose run a little but enjoyable.

I tried the hot wing challenge in San Jose @ Smoke Eaters. Not fuckin cool. I cried in the womans restroom for 15 minutes while lapping up water out of the sink and blowing my nose all over myself.

Throwing it back up was no good either.

Is that the one with the ghost chili. I like food way too much for something like that. I admire you for trying it though.