Hello from the South

Ray Karpis

36-year-old lawyer from Little Rock, Arkansas. Got my first and only tattoo in college and am getting back into the chair sometime soon. I would love to get recommendations on artists in my area (and surrounding states), so I look forward to meeting many of you.

Thanks for the recommendations. I had not seen Travis before...pretty good stuff. His color blending is really good. He's one of the better artists I've seen in Arkansas. I will look into him a little further.

I have looked at Caleb, and I think he's generally okay, but his stuff hits me as a little dark and muddy.

As for what I'm looking for...traditional gypsy/lady head but customized to resemble my wife. I need a good, solid traditional artist with great, bright coloring, but that has the portrait skill to get a solid likeness in the tattoo. Make sense? My first choices would be Valerie Vargas on the traditional side and Liz Cook on the realism side.

• 3 weeks later...