Man Auctions off Part of His Face for Romney Tattoo, Gets $15,000

MsRad

Ok, so I don't talk about politics here, and I'm not about to start (nor do I want this thread to start any political debates), but this is just batshit crazy, regardless of who your candidate of choice is. From the one and only Gawker:

original.jpg

Man Auctions Off Part of His Face for Romney Tattoo, Gets $15,000

Taylor Berman

On Wednesday, cool guy Eric Hartsburg auctioned off a 5-by-2 inch spot on the right side of his face for a Mitt Romney tattoo. The winning bid? $15,000, from an anonymous Republican eBay user. This means real estate on Hartsburg's face is worth $1,500 per square inch, which is pretty good considering the trio of lip piercings nearby.

At this point, fans of Indiana-based pro-wrestling circuits are thinking to themselves, "Eric Hartsburg, that sounds familiar - how do I know that name?" Maybe a close-up of his neck tattoo will remind you.

Full size

That's right, it's Erico, the world famous wrestler from Platinum Worldwide (no, not the limo company or the exotic home company).

Anyway, Erico didn't set out to get a Romney tattoo on his forehead; he was merely auctioning the space to the highest bidder on eBay. It just so happens Erico is on board with the cause.

"I am a registered Republican and a Romney supporter," Hartsburg said. "I didn't mind getting this tattoo because it is something that I could live with and it's something that I believe in."

So much so that he now sees real purpose in the tat. "In the beginning it was done for gags and publicity, but now I see it as a way to encourage young people to vote," he told ABC News.

He also sees himself as a sort of trailblazer for young people who might be ashamed of their conservative political instincts.

"I want young people to know that it's O.K. to be young, and it's O.K. to be a Republican. You don't have to be rich or elderly to be labeled as a Republican, and I want everyone to know that."

Unfortunately, ABC didn't follow up by asking if it was necessary for all young republicans to have their wrestling aliases tattooed on their necks. Perhaps because they know the answer is obviously yes.

You know when you see cars with bumper stickers from past election campaigns? Imagine that's your face instead.

I said almost the exact same thing about this on someone's facebook page that posted it. In reality he only has to keep the tattoo till after the election, if it was a company they might actually make him keep it, but I am pretty sure win or lose no one is going to check if you got that thing removed or covered next year.

Because I can think of nothing that better speaks to the conservative Republican base than a face tattoo. Great work all around!

Not a bad looking tattoo either.... after the lasering is healed, he'll still have lots of $$$$ in his pocket, maybe a spot on Oprah or Dr. Phil (he's phil of shit...).

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...