Look at this laser session!

Dennis

too painful i would just get something over it but if it has to be removed well i will be damned

One of the more common reasons people come to me is because they have a very dark outline of an unfinished tattoo, or a very old tattoo in "prime real estate" where they want a much bigger piece. Anyone will tell you a cover up is really a "hide" and your options for cover ups will vary on how much skin around the area you're willing to give up (size matters! especially for hiding older tattoos) and what you want your "new" tattoo to be of. If you're cool hiding your old tattoo in the chest of a giant owl, sunflower, rose or other common cover up subject matter, great! The reason they are used so often is because of all the line work and dark areas, it's a lot easier. If however you're after something smaller or similar in size to what you have, or want lighter colored inks, going through a few treatments to lighten and fade the old piece will make a far superior final product.

I've already started treating a client who has essentially a black box on his upper arm, it's 4-5 cover-ups that all went wrong and finally all black was the only answer. Now we're working to lighten it all up.

• 4 weeks later...

Watching this made me a little sad, I was imaging how empowered and strong the patient was feeling during the days it was applied, he artists dedication to do his best and the whole process that goes into a big piece, the relationship the decision the finished artwork adorning the body and the want to walk proud with the dragon on display - what terrible experience took place to want to remove it and replace it with a scar that will take time to vanish? Poor patient I say.

Watching this made me a little sad, I was imaging how empowered and strong the patient was feeling during the days it was applied, he artists dedication to do his best and the whole process that goes into a big piece, the relationship the decision the finished artwork adorning the body and the want to walk proud with the dragon on display - what terrible experience took place to want to remove it and replace it with a scar that will take time to vanish? Poor patient I say.

agree. in my mind this guy is about to get a really sick back peice. if not, then i dunno..

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah South Coast in Newport.

They offered a package of 10 for 2500 w/ unlimited treatments after 10 if 10 doesn't finish it.

I figured I'd pay per session because I want to do a cover up and not sure how many that could take.

I've heard anywhere from 3-5 sessions, maybe longer since mine is new.

@shinobi I look forward to hearing about how everything goes. I live in LA and have been looking for somewhere to do some removal. I don't really trust yelp reviews when it comes to this stuff and I haven't found anything that appeals to me yet. I was really leaning towards making trips out to Texas to go to Fade Fast based on @YOMONEY 's experience and their reputation in the tattoo community, but if this goes well for you maybe it is something to consider for myself.