I think I might have a problem

reverend1

I had my first session on my first tattoo with Kore Flatmo this Friday. I went in with a weird combination of being very excited and very nervous at the same time. Needless to say everyone was great and it was a great experience. I have to go back for another session to finish in November.

Even though I'm not done with my first tattoo, I have caught myself thinking through what I would like to do for my other chest panel. I am worried this is going to get expensive. I am blaming all of you for this.

Lol...Just move on to full torso and give in.

How was your session with Kore? I assume he was every bit as genuine as I think he is.

Absolutely! He is a very intelligent, well read man. We spent about an hour just talking about philosophy and the way we approach our lives before we started doing anything else. His apprentice Adrian was great, and Kim was a sweetheart.

I am so glad we decided to work with them. Every part of the experience was great. They treated us like we were old friends that they had known for years. They truly bent over backwards to make us comfortable and put us at ease. My wife loved working with Brenda, and she couldn't be happier with her tattoo.

After being treated so well and being so happy wit the results, I couldn't imagine working with anyone else. We will keep going back until they throw us out.

One chest panel is going to make you look lopsided. Gotta do the other side now.
And with both chest panels done, you'll look top heavy so you'll have to do a leg. But then you'll look lopsided, etc...welcome to getting tattooed
Yeah, this is not going to end with another chest panel. Start saving! :)
The good news is that when you get enough tattoos, you're right back at having only one.

Lol, I think you guys are right. The worse is since the wife is right there with me, there is no-one acting as the voice of reason.

Yea....about that. LST does promote some habits of this kind. Like me....

First I did my right calf, but wait how can you have a that without one are your right bicep? Hold on, now my right bicep looks weird so I need another on the inside to "balance it out". Shit, now my left side is all bare and very asymmetrical, gotta get something on my left thigh. Really, just one tattoo to balance out 3? Get entire left leg tattooed waist onto the foot...Uh oh, unbalanced again, sign up with Hooper for a left armpit to knee tattoo....

and the cycle continues!

I asked my wife last night, if we had paid the mortgage yet, and her first repsonse was "Why? Is there someone you "need" to get tattooed by." I said "No because it's the end of the month, but I like where your head's at."

I guess I am that predictable, but am trying to be good and save up money. Thinking about a trip to Chicago in Jan-Feb, do a Taylor street grab bag tattoo, and set something up with Erik Gillespie. A good friend is moving from Chicago to Boston and this will be the last time we can party and his chance to get one last piece from Erik.

Absolutely! He is a very intelligent, well read man. We spent about an hour just talking about philosophy and the way we approach our lives before we started doing anything else. His apprentice Adrian was great, and Kim was a sweetheart.

I am so glad we decided to work with them. Every part of the experience was great. They treated us like we were old friends that they had known for years. They truly bent over backwards to make us comfortable and put us at ease. My wife loved working with Brenda, and she couldn't be happier with her tattoo.

After being treated so well and being so happy wit the results, I couldn't imagine working with anyone else. We will keep going back until they throw us out.

That is absolutely fantastic to hear. Your words back up what I have thought for a long time. there is no one in tattooing as real and as humble as Kore. That dude is one of the most incredible tattooers in the world and yet talks to you as if he is your best friend. It amazes me everytime I talk to him how willing he is to converse about stuff that has nothing to do with tattooing. I think tattooing is just a byproduct of the person he is. His extrememly intimate and intelligent nature kind of made him a tattooer. Not the other way around.

I don't start my project till January...but I can tell you this. I am more excited for working with Kore than I have ever been for anything else.

Again, congrats on what i'm sure is an amazing piece. I'd love to see pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay...as, I think, the oldest guy posting here, I'd best to act as the voice of reason.

You need to go out and find as much on Japanese body suits as you can, and then start working with Korey to get yours drawn up, cause buddy, you been had.

Sorry for the double post guys, but I had to say this.

I remember Kore saying that he has never done a complete body suit....this might be the chance @reverend1.

Hearing this makes me even more excited for my appointment with him in February!