Be careful of writing a bad review. We once ate at a restaurant that treated us like outcasts. I wrote of the poor service, incorrect order, and awful behavior of the waitress. Tripadvisor allowed the restaurant to write a rebuttal, and they slammed me and my wife. Remember, the vast majority of replies WILL BE POSITIVE, because the businesses pay ad dollars, not the public.

Be careful of writing a bad review.

Particularly for this place...

Hotel threatening $500 'bad review fee' trolled with spoof complaints

New York's Union Street Guest House said it would dock people's deposits if they criticised it. Now pranksters have posted a raft of joke reviews, sending its ratings plummeting

Hotel threatening $500 'bad review fee' trolled with spoof complaints | World news | The Guardian

Oh, that's terrible for both the tattooer and the woman who has to find a different artist to complete the tattoo. Ugh and ouch. Was this put up with the wife's consent or is the guy just that much of a jerk? The mind boggles...

I've used Yelp in the past, never for anything nasty, but just went back and deleted everything except a couple reviews sticking up for businesses that I thought were unfairly maligned. This has been long overdue.

I'm guessing that's not going to work. I don't think anything short of an in-person apology would be appropriate. (Probably followed by staying away from the shop, if he has a sense of shame.) Damage done in writing on the Internet is pretty permanent damage, as I've found out the hard way, though a sincere apology can go some way towards repairing it. Though the person you've wronged has a right to refuse that apology, too

SeeSea, I've read all of that, the issue is I've also read about the companies that are suing yelp, because they paid to advertise with them because they were told by sales reps there that they could make the bad reviews disappear, and once paid yelp removed the bad reviews. So it's all a scam.

@exmember88 - they can sue Yelp all they want. Just because you read it doesn't make it true. Doesn't make it false, either. And just because you think it's a scam, doesn't mean it doesn't influence potential customers.

I spent some time researching and I gave you some concrete feedback based on your shop that you could use to increase your rating and perceived professionalism. So yeah, you're welcome.

And you should seriously have your owner remove her rant response. It only makes things worse.

Well, you may have read it months ago, but clearly you didn't act on it.

I was acting very generously by looking specifically at Inksanity's reviews and giving you feedback on how to help Inksanity's ratings. I did this because I was genuinely interested in helping your shop overcome some of the issues that are frustrating you. If you re-read my post, I spent that time trying to help you for no reason other than to help. I wasn't simply regurgitating what Yelp has, with no additional information.

It's clear from your response that you didn't appreciate anything I offered; in fact, you were rather dismissive.

SeeSea here seems to be the major communication breakdown, I never once asked for help, nor did I want it, I've read all of Yelp's information for myself and understood it just fine (I just don't like it), my post was just bitching about their business practices, and didn't require answering. Now please spare me your arrogance, I wont bother ever reading anything you write again. You have been nothing but nasty to me since I told you the first time that I knew all that stuff. Sorry you wasted your time, but no one asked you to, you acted on your own. Seriously, go reread my original post in here, there is no question in it at all, it's a statement of frustration with Yelp. It was one of my original 10 posts so I could post my own subject on something completely unrelated.

Yelp is great for finding restaurants but not good for tattoo shops. We've had an unruly customer who was asked to leave and then quickly put up a negative post about one of our artists, and there is nothing we could do about it. I've seen great revues for mediocre area studios. If it was only shop info and maybe a star rating I'd say OK. On the other side of that coin we get a ton of new clients who said they found us on Yelp so....

Gee @exmember88 (snappy handle BTW)! Pretty sure @SeeSea was just trying to help. If you just wanted to bitch about something you can keep it in the privacy of your home. Why bother posting on a public forum if you didn't want a response? Discourse is what we do here. And seeing as she's contributed so much good stuff to this forum and you're relatively new, I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt. Get over yourself.

First it's not a handle, it's my actual name so you're a great person making fun of someone's name, does it make you feel good to bully someone? Second of all this is between me and SeeSea and it's nothing to do with you, so do you have nothing better to do then argue with people on the internet? I'm done here, so don't bother mentioning me again I wont be reading your replies, I already explained why I posted here but if your to daft to actually read what I wrote then I don't want to know you anyway. And one more time in case you missed it I wont be back, so don't bother responding to me I wont read it.

Gee @exmember88 (snappy handle BTW)! Pretty sure @SeeSea was just trying to help. If you just wanted to bitch about something you can keep it in the privacy of your home. Why bother posting on a public forum if you didn't want a response? Discourse is what we do here. And seeing as she's contributed so much good stuff to this forum and you're relatively new, I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt. Get over yourself.

Since @exmember88 won't be reading this, I guess I can say whatever I want.

HA-HA-HA, YOU SURE DO GOT A FUNNY NAME! IT'S LIKE SOOOOO LONG. AND THAT MIDDLE NAME... EVERYONE KNOWS PANTHERS ARE WAY COOLER THAN LYNXES! AND

The lynx is considered a national animal in the Republic of Macedonia[32][33] and is displayed on the reverse of the 5 denar coin.

WTF IS A DENAR?! THAT'S NOT EVEN REAL AMERICAN MONEY!!! MAN, I SURE DO LOVE BULLYING PEOPLE ON THE INTERNETS! IT MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD!

Pretty sure @SeeSea was just trying to help...And seeing as she's contributed so much good stuff to this forum and you're relatively new, I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt. Get over yourself.

Aww, shucks.

Yeah, I really really really was trying to help. Couldn't hold back the sarcasm, tho, when I got blown off. ::curtsies sweetly::

I know her type - she shows up to the party pre-offended. Looking for opportunities to become offended, then lashing out at some perceived injustice. Sigh. It's those types of folks who later think they are being discriminated against or dissed when they actually NEED your help, and don't get it.