New to this forum

metalmancpa

Welcome! Two in a year and a half is slow by LST standards. Congrats on having such willpower.

I've wanted a tattoo for a good 20 years now, so I used turning 50 years old as an excuse (I can say mid-life crisis) and got my 1st done. #2 was much more thought out and planned, but now I have the two I always wanted, one on each upper arm, and I'm almost satisfied. Going to hopefully add to the 1st one.

I've wanted a tattoo for a good 20 years now, so I used turning 50 years old as an excuse (I can say mid-life crisis) and got my 1st done. #2 was much more thought out and planned, but now I have the two I always wanted, one on each upper arm, and I'm almost satisfied. Going to hopefully add to the 1st one.

Key word almost. Now time to plan a backpiece!

Welcome.. Great Gunnar piece. I find that there isn't a whole lot of love here for anything that isn't traditional :/

I realize that, but that's OK. To me a tattoo is about the artistic quality regardless of the genre of it. Personally I am not a fan of traditional, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate them. Plus, it was funny when Gunnar and I were talking about tattoo genres. When we were discussing new school, traditional, etc, he said it was funny he was pegged as new school. He said that he'd been tattooing too long to be "new school" and smiled. All I know as I was stoked with the outcome of the Gunnar piece after the time I took to research out the artist (find him) and get what I wanted - an original piece.

Nice stuff @metalmancpa. I'm not a new school fan but I really like your Gunnar piece.

Thank you. Actually it feels good to get a compliment on my tattoo from someone who, although may not like the style, appreciates good art. That's how I view tattoos - even though I may not want a style on my body doesn't mean I love seeing it on somebody else. I have really come to appreciate the varying styles in the tattoo world, and I view them as art.

Thank you. Actually it feels good to get a compliment on my tattoo from someone who, although may not like the style, appreciates good art. That's how I view tattoos - even though I may not want a style on my body doesn't mean I love seeing it on somebody else. I have really come to appreciate the varying styles in the tattoo world, and I view them as art.

And that's the bottom line. There is limited new school or american traditional that I would actually get tattooed on me - but I still love looking at it, and am glad that other people get it done and show it off. Diversity.