Nastiest shop/Worst boss you have worked at/for.

irezumi

Stopped into a shop up near here, I had heard good and bad things about it and decided to see for myself.

First thing I saw was the owner doing lines off his workspace counter-had em right up next to his cups. He, and the other two guys he had working there, were all smoking squares, whatever, but I'm not gon sit and have smoke blown in my eyes for hours at a pop. The crown jewel was the guys dad, working as a go-fer and cleaner. He's mopping the floor and wiping down all the work surfaces with a rag...that he was dipping in the mop-water, I shit you not.

I decided not to go back.

I am sure a few of you have worked in the village in NYC... some nasty shops!

I am blessed to have worked at the cleaner street shops. tattooing in a bong shop is "alright" as long as its getting mopped and cleaned daily. the habibis have some nasty habits. stacks of used sharps containers, no garbage pickup, leaky autoclave etc...

they dont care who tattoos at thier shops as long as they make money.

If you guys want a real scare step foot in "crazy fantasy" or whatever. the owner sits in his dungeon doing lines and hookers while his junkies fuck people up all night long. wood workstations and wood floor... that place is nasty. I dont have to get into detail.

I am sure a few of you have worked in the village in NYC... some nasty shops!

I am blessed to have worked at the cleaner street shops. tattooing in a bong shop is "alright" as long as its getting mopped and cleaned daily. the habibis have some nasty habits. stacks of used sharps containers, no garbage pickup, leaky autoclave etc...

they dont care who tattoos at thier shops as long as they make money.

If you guys want a real scare step foot in "crazy fantasy" or whatever. the owner sits in his dungeon doing lines and hookers while his junkies fuck people up all night long. wood workstations and wood floor... that place is nasty. I dont have to get into detail.

this sounds similar to the place where you put your limb through a hole and get it tattooed.

• 11 months later...

Worked at this joke of a shop for two months:

oakland a’s - Oakland Tribune Outtakes -

Did 1 tattoo. I am truly shocked that I even stuck it out that long, I guess I did it out of respect or paying my dues for the opportunity or whatever.

The guy who owned the place also lived there, like.. literally in the back room with his dog. I would come into the shop and find piles of full garbage bags and scattered beer cans in the kitchen area(yeah.. an actual kitchen) along with piles of dishes from bbq parties they'd throw during the day. The place had zero walk-ins during the time I was there and it was a street shop.

And then other coworker homeboy occasionally lived/slept in the loft upstairs. Found a .45 tucked between the mattress and the bed frame, that was fun! I don't think I saw a scrub-room there the entire time and the place didn't have any kind of stencil machine. The last straw was coming in at opening with my client to seeing homeboy fresh out of bed in his basketball shorts and slippers taking bong rips in the work area.

So basically it was just this hack who was avoiding paying taxes by living at the shop and doing the whole "cool guy tattoo artist musician" thing. He claims to have been tattooing for 20 years, you tell me if you believe that after looking at this gem:

734287_10151540437021970_1943765514_n.jpg