Your thoughts on this shop?

Delicious

Ok so here is the deal. I am getting tattooed within the next two weeks. Am planning on going to a shop that the man who did my ganesh tattoo opened. The thing is, I am not sure if I should go to this shop, or if i should get tattooed by anyone there. I have already been tattooed by one, and my sister by another artist in this shop, but I am still apprehensive. Here is the link to the shop:

https://www.facebook.com/LastTrainTattooStockton/photos_albums

the man who did my tattoo was dennis, and the man who did my sisters was el jerome. who would you go to to get tattooed? I was thinking one for a script name, the other for a 20's flapper lady head. I want to go with dennis but am unsure.

It looks like a good shop to me. El Gerome does some very nice portrait work. Dennis seems to do good all around work. I would stick with the same artist for all the work and would probably use Dennis. 1/2 the thing is how happy you are with the artwork before you sit in the chair. If there is anything you don't like and want changed, have it done before he cuts a stencil.

Geo Rogers... his dragon head is superb, not your thing but I had to mention it.

Rob

Ok so here is the deal. I am getting tattooed within the next two weeks. Am planning on going to a shop that the man who did my ganesh tattoo opened. The thing is, I am not sure if I should go to this shop, or if i should get tattooed by anyone there. I have already been tattooed by one, and my sister by another artist in this shop, but I am still apprehensive. Here is the link to the shop:

https://www.facebook.com/LastTrainTattooStockton/photos_albums

the man who did my tattoo was dennis, and the man who did my sisters was el jerome. who would you go to to get tattooed? I was thinking one for a script name, the other for a 20's flapper lady head. I want to go with dennis but am unsure.

What is the reason for your apprehension? Are you unhappy with the first tattoo they did? I am certainly not qualified to judge the quality of someones work, but what is on the Facebook page seems to be well done. That being said if you're not comfortable maybe the best thing to do is to find another shop. The last thing I would want would be and apprehension about the work I was having done or the person doing it.

My reason for my apprehension is i worry a bit that if i got a lady head from dennis or geo, it wouldnt be exactly what i wanted, because of the way they do lips and noses. But Dennis did give me a wonderful tattoo, and I am eager to go back. clean, fast tattooing with a fair price is hard to beat. I just feel apprehensive because I am his personal friend on facebook, sometimes the things he posts arent exactly the best tattoos, then he stuns with a great one. I will problably go to dennis but I posted because you guys have way more tattoos and better trained eyes to spot this kind of thing than I.

My reason for my apprehension is i worry a bit that if i got a lady head from dennis or geo' date=' it wouldnt be exactly what i wanted, because of the way they do lips and noses. But Dennis did give me a wonderful tattoo, and I am eager to go back. clean, fast tattooing with a fair price is hard to beat. I just feel apprehensive because I am his personal friend on facebook, sometimes the things he posts arent exactly the best tattoos, then he stuns with a great one. I will problably go to dennis but I posted because you guys have way more tattoos and better trained eyes to spot this kind of thing than I.[/quote']

Personally, I am really, really, picky, I wouldn't want to live with a tattoo that I wasn't 100% happy with. If I was even a little worried I think I would look around for someone I had complete confidence in. Even if I had to pay more. It's I'd forever after all.

Well I mean my first tattoo from them turned out great, but it wasnt a face nor anything remotely comparable to what I want now. So that is my issue. they gave me a great ganesh but I am afraid I will do the wait for an awesome lady head. :( Not willing to have a second rate lady head. But I think the other tattoos I want would be fine, like a name or flowers which were on my list.

I have figured out what I am going to do.

I already had this idea in my head for a snake, with a dagger and heart. That is doable and his traditional snakes look great. Its in his realm to do well and quells the urge. G-ma's name is also going to be put on sometime in the next week, anything more complicated than that deserves the wait. Thanks for validating my fears, I am glad I asked. I dont want a fucked up face on my body for the rest of my life.

Personally, I am really, really, picky, I wouldn't want to live with a tattoo that I wasn't 100% happy with. If I was even a little worried I think I would look around for someone I had complete confidence in. Even if I had to pay more. It's I'd forever after all.

this here, man. if you are even slightly apprehensive, just wait and go to a different tattooer.

Dhfrjjfgj I wish I was that close to either spider Murphy or American graffiti. Wait. Wait..............wait.

Having to change your wants to match their talent seems odd. Sounds like convincing yourself otherwise for convenience.

Just reread that - if it's a different idea that's cool, but still.......imagine a Stuart cripwell or theo Mindell snake/dagger

Dhfrjjfgj I wish I was that close to either spider Murphy or American graffiti. Wait. Wait..............wait.

Having to change your wants to match their talent seems odd. Sounds like convincing yourself otherwise for convenience.

Just reread that - if it's a different idea that's cool, but still.......imagine a Stuart cripwell or theo Mindell snake/dagger

well i always wanted that too. But I see your point. Theo Mindell is on my list, so is Paul Dobleman, but I have an itch I need to scratch and I know he can do what I want well.

well i always wanted that too. But I see your point. Theo Mindell is on my list, so is Paul Dobleman, but I have an itch I need to scratch and I know he can do what I want well.

It's worth a $20 cab ride (or whatever it is) to get a $500 tattoo (or whatever it is).

Shit's permanent.

Take this from someone who dropped some cash on a tattoo that will cost x4 the cost to remove/cover. Funny thing is it isn't even all that bad!

When (if) you make the mistake to get a sub-par tattoo, you will regret it. Now that my bad work is sitting next to amazing work it makes that regret tenfold.

80 miles is about as far as i've always travelled to get tattooed... and it's as far as i commute every day for work (until i get a bit of money saved up and move back to town). my roommate and i in college drove a few times just to set up his appointments for a month later when we were about 2.5 hours away. if it's the best option, it's worth it.

its not 20 minutes. its an 80 mile drive at the least. But i see your point. will make my decision next week

I spend $15 in tolls and $15+ in parking plus a quarter tank of gas every two weeks to get tattooed. Its a small amount compared to the satisfaction I get from looking at my killer tattoos. You dont have to travel the world as some do but don't sell yourself short to get immediate satisfaction.

I spend $15 in tolls and $15+ in parking plus a quarter tank of gas every two weeks to get tattooed. Its a small amount compared to the satisfaction I get from looking at my killer tattoos. You dont have to travel the world as some do but don't sell yourself short to get immediate satisfaction.

Right now the tattoo I am working on means about a 360 mile drive each way...I did the same drive for the consultation. I have absolutely no regrets about it because it's a tattoo I am super stoked on and get excited to look at by an artist who I greatly admire and who if I could choose anybody to tattoo me, with no financial or travel constraints, I would still get tattooed by. I'd hate to settle for something less and then regret later on that I could have gotten tattooed by people I REALLY wanted to get tattooed by but didn't because it was inconvenient.

I also totally understand feeling a real need to get tattooed--my wife's tattoo artist actually called me a "bitch in heat" once (not to my face though...if she had I would have found it hilarious...and true) because I was climbing up the walls being in a tattoo shop not getting tattooed. But still, tattoos are worth waiting for.

I also totally understand feeling a real need to get tattooed--my wife's tattoo artist actually called me a "bitch in heat" once (not to my face though...if she had I would have found it hilarious...and true) because I was climbing up the walls being in a tattoo shop not getting tattooed. But still, tattoos are worth waiting for.

This is why I stopped, stopping by when my buddy was getting tattooed, even though I was going to be sitting in the chair the following week. Gets bad! I always almost jump in my car and drive to Perfetto in Brooklyn knowing I can get a cool tattoo in a few hours. (Soon I will lose willpower!) Already got 1 huge tattoo going on and another huge tattoo mid-next year...must...stay...calm