Stomach tattoos

@chrisnoluck funny, I've got a dagger in a similar spot and am pretty set on doing a pharaoh's horses design on my stomach.. if I can man up and actually do it.

do it! such a great design. i need to figure out something for around my belly button and the bottom of my stomach but i don't even want to think about feeling that again anytime soon.

• 4 years later...

I know that I am reviving an OLD post, but I couldn't really find anything else on the subject.

I am female, and although I don't care for the underboob thing (for me), I recently saw a picture that opened up a whole new world of possibilities in my mind(attached for illustrative purposes). The subject matter and/or quality of work isn't what struck me, but placement! 

I never even thought of doing of front piece that way - placed under the breast line, but continuing as one cohesive piece past the waistline, similar to a back piece.  Don't ask me why this never occurred to me, but it hadn't. 

However, this is the ONLY photo of this sort of placement and size of work that I have found.  Anyone else have any experience, sightings, etc.?  What is your opinion?

Wildcat

f5fb87e0a0c3ccffd70ae3fe91062c54.jpg

just noticed my post above from 5 years ago when it was just a dumb idea in my head haha...

On 11/9/2012 at 2:52 PM, bongsau said:

I am getting my stomach covered by the end of the year. Although I can't nail down whether it is going to be the classic Sailor Jerry tigercat, a conquering lion or a sloppy-faced pug. Suggestions? (leaning towards the psychedlic tiger head).

At least with Scott, he's fast as hell. I've been weighing the options for two of my favorite artists that I've had work on me a lot and it's tough.

Scott - Heavier handed, but fast as hell. 

Grez - Very gentle, but very meticulous and much slower.

I've been kicking it around for almost two years and keep doing other things because I can't decide how to approach the unfun nature of this...I got my chest done when I was about 22, so it's been a while. It definitely sucked, but over the time, the memory of it has dulled a bit. Not looking forward to stomach.

and also, @wildcat, Bailey Moffatt recently posted an Instagram pic of her front (while walking her dog), and it is awesome. 

On 8/9/2017 at 0:51 PM, wildcat said:

@suburbanxcore Thanks!  A perfect example of what I'm picturing in my head. Y'all are kinda scaring me about how bad that area is going to be, but I'm trying to convince myself that the numb areas I have as a result of two C-sections will help me....please let me have that one self-delusion :)

Wildcat

:14_relaxed: don't let your thoughts get out of control from reading here,

everyone told me my ribs,knees,elbows,wrists,hands,fingers were going to be brutal,and to be honest none of these spots I have had done were as bad as I had built them up to be in my head,

I still preach that pain is mostly in your head,as humans we have a really good ability to overcome pain through mental focus,

it works for me,and I find it a welcome challenge to work on when getting tattooed,I have come to embrace it.

it starts with what you are doing now,mental preparation ,to preparing the day and night before,and through the morning of the tattoo up to and during the tattoo,it's an entire experience that I embrace and practice.

here is my "pre-tattoo agenda"

mentally prepare yourself in the weeks leading up to the tattoo

sleep good and don't drink alcohol the night before (or the day of),

pre-hydrate the day before and day of and while being tattooed,(water or Gatorade) 

eat a good non greasy healthy meal right before getting tattooed,

bring candy (I bring M&M's and Skittles) to eat during the tattoo(the sugar will keep you from passing out),I also bring a banana,beef jerky, and a few cold bottles of water in a little ice chest(no artist has ever minded me doing this,as a matter of fact they have liked it). 

bring your phone for pics but mute the ringer and all sounds,

keeping up body sugars,potassium,and electrolytes will help to keep you from passing out , 

get yourself mentally in a good place.in the days leading up to and during the tattoo.

ask for a few 5 min breaks to stand up ,stretch,and get the kinks out.

this all helps me have a better overall tattoo experience,and the artist will appreciate it too.

Edited by Dan