Here is a link to a flickr account with an article and a few images of Mr. Higgs, beardless, and a few of his tattoos. After previewing my post I don' think that I have properly attached the link so here it is for you copy and pasting pleasure.

Dan Higgs Pictures

The beardless pictures are from when I transferred an '80s tattoo documentary called "Frisco Skin and Tattoo Ink" from VHS to DV; I have the file somewhere though it needs to be recaptured at a higher resolution and cleaned up a bit. It was a "who's who" of the late 80s San Francisco tattoo scene. Higgs is featured working at Erno's and later Tattoo City.

The filmmaker was Michael Stearns I believe; he did a great docu on Dave Lum as well.

Do you know if these films are available anywhere? Is it your Flickr page that I found them on?

If you got them from Xanadontphiladelphia, that's my flickr. I've seen them reblogged/posted, but they came from my capture originally.

You might be able to find them on vhs somewhere. I bought mine in the 80s and still have them in giant rubbermaids.

If you got them from Xanadontphiladelphia, that's my flickr. I've seen them reblogged/posted, but they came from my capture originally.

You might be able to find them on vhs somewhere. I bought mine in the 80s and still have them in giant rubbermaids.

I checked my flickr and yes you are where I found them. Sorry for the theft.

Not that it's relevant, but the two Higgs tattoos SBoyer posted above are on Bryan Burk (top) and Gary Martin (bottom). Anyone who hasn't checked out Martin's signs are missing out:

Gary Martin - Sign Painter

Buy shit from this guy. He's more than earned it. Ueber talented. He has a couple Deutsche tattoos that, along with what Stell has on his gut, compelled me to get tattooed by Deutsche (tiger, especially):

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

I believe Higgs did the apeshit kitty in the photo immediately above. Martin's shop is a block from Rock of Ages in Austin. Look at the cutouts on his site. Talk about a tragically dying art. Comparing the signs he's done around Austin to the mass-produced eyesores surrounding them's depressing. His stuff's plastered all over Perfection Tattoo and he did Blackheart's main sign. It ages really well. Gary's real into doing Jerry and Rollo stuff. I'm sure he'd be up for any of that potent dead guy stuff.