• 2 months later...
^ no speakers on work computer

is that the one where he talks about tattooing some and talks about being at the bus stop and seeing the old dude in white while dan is in black...

The bus stop story is on Scott Harrison's website. I have been meaning to post it for awhile. Mike Malone, and a bunch of others are in it telling stories.

• 1 month later...

That video is awesome, thanks!

For me it was the same someone said above, I was aware of Lungfish and liked some of the artwork that Higgs did for their albums, but didn't know about his tattooing thing until I started getting tattooed/into tattoo culture. I also love Reptile House.

I'd love to get some Higgs flash on me eventually.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm feeling generous today. I give you 2 photos not available on any internetz anywhere.

rep1.jpg

rep2n.jpg

Well, maybe you can find the single cover somewhere but I really doubt it.

These are from Dan's first band call Reptile House.

Dan had a band before "Reptile House" called "Red Guard Youth." I went to school with he and his brother, he helped me open my eyes to the whole world of punk rock. He and his brother are Great artists. Thanks for posting the photos.

• 7 months later...
Where were you when you got these? Baltimore? SF?

I got them in SF back in 90-91.

I called Freddy Corbin to do them but Daniel answered the phone.

Just a matter of chance I ran into Freddy at the Haight Street Fair in 88 when he was handing out cards to "Find Your Tattoo Reality"

I still have it in a box somewhere.

I apoligize if this is a repeat, but this is a pretty damn cool Higgs pictures I found surfing on that internet thing.

tumblr_lgdur8KJtX1qdpe2qo1_500.jpg

With the late Sonny Tufts and Jack Dracula.

I took this photo and a bunch of others at the New Jersey State Fair in Cherry Hill. It was August 12th, 1990. It was a blast meeting Jack Dracula. He had such a crazy mystique about him. There were all kinds of crazy stories about him and I was afraid to meet him but he was a fun guy to hang around with for an afternoon. He rode back into town with us and told us old corny jokes. RIP Jack Dracula and Sonny Tufts.

I took this photo and a bunch of others at the New Jersey State Fair in Cherry Hill. It was August 12th, 1990. It was a blast meeting Jack Dracula. He had such a crazy mystique about him. There were all kinds of crazy stories about him and I was afraid to meet him but he was a fun guy to hang around with for an afternoon. He rode back into town with us and told us old corny jokes. RIP Jack Dracula and Sonny Tufts.

Dracula and Sonny are Philly legends. I've heard so many stories about the both of them. It would be great to see the other pictures you took from that day.