Inner Wrist for first Tattoo

petepunter

My 63yr old dad is keen on getting some small script writing on his Inner Wrist so he can cover it with a watch so my mum cant see lol :).

I have told him not to get a showy tattoo for his first piece of work when he has his whole body to work with plus he wont be able to cover it with a watch straight after it gets done anyway

Any thoughts or just let him do what he wants and let him regret it if he does not like it as I have been through the whole 9 yards good tats, laser & coverups over the years and know what your first tattoo can do to you mentality when your not used to ink on your body I remember the next day after my first thinking what have I done as I only got the outline thinking it would be a painful experience and ended up with a full nature piece a few weeks later.

I am glad I have finally hit the stage where I love all my tattoos now but dont want him to go through the same thing.

if he is going to go to a cheap shop let him get the wrist script. If he is going to a good one don't let him get the wrist script :)

This confuses me, why only go to cheap shop for a wrist script? Imagine getting something from say Katie Sellergren. Right off the bat he would have an awesome tattoo that's well written. Sure script on the wrist isn't the best tattoo placement and size wise, but he's 63... even if his wife gets angry so what.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R

if he is going to go to a cheap shop let him get the wrist script. If he is going to a good one don't let him get the wrist script

This confuses me, why only go to cheap shop for a wrist script? Imagine getting something from say Katie Sellergren. Right off the bat he would have an awesome tattoo that's well written. Sure script on the wrist isn't the best tattoo placement and size wise, but he's 63... even if his wife gets angry so what.

I simply meant if he is going to a a place because of price, limit the blowback by only getting small script instead of getting average/below average image that would be bigger

My 63yr old dad is keen on getting some small script writing on his Inner Wrist so he can cover it with a watch so my mum cant see lol :).

I don't know how serious you are about the cover it up part, but if he's thinking about covering it up, his wrist is the wrong place to get it. He should write the script on his wrist with a magic marker and spend a few days seeing how he likes it before he gets it permanently tattooed on.

• 1 month later...