Is there anywhere worth getting tattooed at in Boston?

rozone

I'm in Boston for work for the next 2-3 weeks and was wondering if there was anywhere/anyone in particular worth seeking out to get tattooed by while I'm here?

I just got tattooed by Steve Boltz twice, Eli Quinters, and Bailey Hunter Robinson while I was in Brooklyn for work as well this past month and I'm hoping to keep the streak alive! :)

• 1 month later...
Ok,

So how long do you think it will take for an artist to get back to me with dates for a consult?

If he doesnt like my idea, will he just not get back to me?

(I know Im a nudge, just emailed him a couple days ago - my expectations are usually out of line w\ expectation of communication)

I've never emailed Johannes, but other artists I've emailed have responded within a week. If you want a quicker response you can always call the shop directly.

If you don't mind me asking... what are you planning on getting from him?

Thank you - emailed him for a consult

If you live in the same city as a shop, you really should just stop in for a consult. Emails really are for people who are coming from out of town, and they could possibly get the idea that you aren't that serious about getting tattooed if you aren't willing to come in person. Calling is a little bit better,but ultimately at some point you will have to stop in anyway so might as well be right off the bat.

Not trying to bust balls just trying to give perspective.

If you live in the same city as a shop, you really should just stop in for a consult. Emails really are for people who are coming from out of town, and they could possibly get the idea that you aren't that serious about getting tattooed if you aren't willing to come in person. Calling is a little bit better,but ultimately at some point you will have to stop in anyway so might as well be right off the bat.

Not trying to bust balls just trying to give perspective.

I Don't See this as busting balls.

Good advice.

I drive by this shop all the time and it about 2-3 miles from where I live.

I popped in there a few weeks ago and talked to one of the guys there.

He told me any one of them could do a koi - that concerned me at the time so I stepped back to do some research.

That's how I ended up here.