ahoy

Kimber Maietta

well hello I, Kimber am new to the Last Sparrow Tattoo forums. I found this site by googling a question about my newest tattoo. I hope to find answers to my questions. I currently have two tattoos. One tattoo is a few years old while the second one is almost two weeks old.

Welcome to LST, Kimber. What's your question bout the new tattoo?

I have been proper after care, washing, and putting bacitracin on it. With in the first week a scab appeared and came off during a few washes. Is this normal? Will the tattoo heal and still look good? or will it be forever be yucky looking like the picture? pigtattooday13.jpg

I am worried that I have messed up my own tattoo.

Hard to tell where the swelling ends and the tattoo starts.

First thing is to stop using the Bacitracyn...nasty stuff. I know everyone prefers something different to heal a tattoo, but Bacitracyn seems to dislike ink strongly, and tries to get rid of it. Not sure if it's the type of antibiotic in it or what, but I had a very similar reaction to it once, discontinued it, let the tattoo dry out, and it healed just fine.

So. Stop using it, let the work dry out completely. If you need to use anything at all, just use a LITTLE Aquapher, or something similar.

Good luck!

There are to many unanswered questions to reply with an educated answer. I agree with Lochlans first question. I will also tell you that regardless of the answer, the tattoo does not look good. IMO I would watch for infection, see a doctor if you fear infection, let it heal, and see a professional artist to cover it up. Good Luck to you.

the tattoo posted above is my tattoo. Here is one with out anything on it. pigtattooweek2-1.jpg my concern is is the tattoo going to be ok? or will i have to have it re-touched when it heals? I was cleaning it one day when the scab came off that is the darker red area seen in photo.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to LST and glad you were able to find the site via googling your question and hope you'll find this community helpful...I must ask...I know the picture is close up and small though there appears to be several things that have me wondering so my first question is, was this tattoo done in a shop?

yes the tattoo was done in a shop, and the artist is my best friend's friend.

Sorry to be the one who says this, but that "tattoo" is never going to look good. Like ever... (please don't stop reading here)

If you didn't mention that it's supposed to be a pig I don't think anyone could have figured that out from just from looking at it. It just looks like you burnt your arm on the stove or something. Shop or not, friend of best friend or not, that guy should not be putting tattoos on people. My advice would be to give it a few months to heal properly, then seek a professional tattooer to get it covered. It doesn't look like it's going to be too hard to cover, but I'm not a tattooer, so that's just me guessing. There are really good tattooers frequenting this board that might be able to weigh in on that part.

I don't mean to be a dick and tell you that your new tattoo looks like shit, but if you just save up a little coin and go to a professional tattooer you can get that covered with something that will look infinitely better than what you've got on your arm now. If you poke around this site a couple hours you'll soon find out what good tattoos look like. I'm also sure that the good folks here will point you to some great shops and artists in your neck of the woods if you're interested.

It is a minecraft pig. and I saw the work on my friend who got his tattoo from the same artist and my friend's tattoo looks fine and my friend got it for free... the pig costed me $80. I was talking with my husband and he said let it heal for a month or two and see what it looks like then. He said the tattoo artist spent too much time where the scab and ink came off to early. My husband said I might have even gotten it to wet while cleaning it one day and that made the scab prematurely fall off. I wanted to go to my previous artist who did an fantastic job on my back tattoo, but I don't know where he is at any more. This artist who did the pig never did a pixel art tattoo and I think he got to nervous and over worked it. All of his other work looks just fine. I might find some one else for a fix or touch up. I just need a fantastic artist(in texas near lubbock) who has done pixel art, more than just once. Thanks for every one for the help, i will keep in touch with you all. BTW it must be healing because it's all itchy and peeling..

• 8 months later...
I second what @Iwar said...

I had to google what a Minecraft pig was. I knew the game, but not the pig part of it.

@Kimber Maietta can I ask you a question? In all seriousness. Did the guy that did that tattoo try to talk you out of it or did he immediately jump on it and just do it? I'm just asking, and I hope I don't insult you, but that image, IMHO, doesn't translate well into a tattoo. I already picked it apart, and thought, if I was handed this as an idea, and there was no way to talk you out of it, would I try to make it tattooable or would I send you on your way and wish you Good Luck.

Maybe, it is just what I've been taught and/or how I look at things (or I am just too green), I don't know, but I feel like tattoos have to have black. The images I have seen of the minecraft pig, have no black except the pupils. I like to think I would do it, but there would have to be changes.

I pretty much echo the quoted sentiments.

I second what @Iwar said...

I had to google what a Minecraft pig was. I knew the game, but not the pig part of it.

@Kimber Maietta can I ask you a question? In all seriousness. Did the guy that did that tattoo try to talk you out of it or did he immediately jump on it and just do it? I'm just asking, and I hope I don't insult you, but that image, IMHO, doesn't translate well into a tattoo. I already picked it apart, and thought, if I was handed this as an idea, and there was no way to talk you out of it, would I try to make it tattooable or would I send you on your way and wish you Good Luck.

Maybe, it is just what I've been taught and/or how I look at things (or I am just too green), I don't know, but I feel like tattoos have to have black. The images I have seen of the minecraft pig, have no black except the pupils. I like to think I would do it, but there would have to be changes.

***EDIT***

Also, I heal like total shit no matter what I use. I probably have the shit genes from my parents, but more often than not, I get a little scabby, but nothing like what you showed previously. That was borderline scary. I always like to tell people, when going through the healing process, to use a pinky nail amount of A + D, if it looks too shiney and "gloppy", dab it with a paper towel. It may look like you don't have any on your tattoo, but a little goes a long way, and keeping those pores open will help it heal.

He was really excited to do the tattoo he never was nervous about doing it. I did see previous work of his on my friend and it looked fantastic, so I went to that same artist. I did go back at one point and asked him if it was looking / healing OK. He said it was healing fine but it would need touch up. He is new to pixel art tattooing. I want the pig I don't want a cover up with something else. I would like to get him fix or touched up. I also want the minecraft chicken on the other leg. I have yet to go back to talk to this artist. I appreciate your opinions and offer to fix it but at the moment I don't have time to travel to another town or state to get it fixed. As soon as I get money saved up I will see what I will do.