I need to get rid of this ugly tattoo!

Ihatemytat

I got this tattoo when I was 15 years old and I hate it! It was done very poorly and it is so f'n generic! I want to cover it up/ add onto it and get it retouched so bad but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas. I'd rather not walk into a shop having no clue what I want to do so I thought I'd get some opinions. I don't want something really huge but I wouldn't mind going slightly larger.

121125-154923.jpg

I would like a more unique design that will make my tattoo look less ghetto.

any ideas are appreciated

Thanks!!

Copy and paste the link (I know it's a lot of work but please :) )

That is something that's easily covered. Which in turn opens up a large amount of options that understandably makes it difficult to make a decision. It would be best to talk to your artist in person so that He/She can help read whats right for you and narrow down the options at the same time. Roses, Peacock feathers, and motion off a larger designs are my personal favorite to use covering up things like that. hope this helps.

Instead of trying to think of a design or an idea first, try either checking out some shops or some tattooers whose work you might like. I know not everyone wants to pore over portfolios, especially for a small tattoo that may be your first, but it can definitely point you in the right direction and get you thinking. Like @CultExciter said, let us know where you're at and maybe we can get you started.

Instead of trying to think of a design or an idea first, try either checking out some shops or some tattooers whose work you might like. I know not everyone wants to pore over portfolios, especially for a small tattoo that may be your first, but it can definitely point you in the right direction and get you thinking. Like @CultExciter said, let us know where you're at and maybe we can get you started.

I agree. You might get the best results by meeting with the tattooer of your choice and working with them to design something you will love. The artist might have some great ideas you wouldn't have though of on your own.