i think what i love about that panther is the fact that it reminds of murals made in the 1930's. like the one's by the WPA but obviously different subject matter.

I know what you mean, kind of a burly, folky look but really crisp.. stripped down to basics.

And Bunny, didn't mean you haven't earned em! Just jealous I can't get tattooed as often as I'd like!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok this one comes right before the awesome panther head I got from Mr. Mario Desa. It's also, kind of a long explanation but figured I'd share anyway. The bluebirds were my first tattoo -- what's up new school -- and a few years later I got the heart and web from Dave Wallin. The birds had zero black in them and Dave tried to match the style of the heart with the birds. As time went on, I started getting antsy about the weird skin border I had around the whole thing. So Dave kept bugging me about it and I kept bugging him about it and we decided on roses.. rose bra. Now, since it was super dark, he had to go back and darken up the heart and add a bunch of black to the birds. I wish I had a "before" picture because it looks so much better now!

I also wish I woulda held off on the new school bluebirds, if only so I could've planned everything better.. but what the hell did I know when I was 18? Dave also did the claddagh and the two roses in my collar bone ditch. How many different styles are going on here??

post-147-146168829709_thumb.jpg

Ok this one comes right before the awesome panther head I got from Mr. Mario Desa. It's also, kind of a long explanation but figured I'd share anyway. The bluebirds were my first tattoo -- what's up new school -- and a few years later I got the heart and web from Dave Wallin. The birds had zero black in them and Dave tried to match the style of the heart with the birds. As time went on, I started getting antsy about the weird skin border I had around the whole thing. So Dave kept bugging me about it and I kept bugging him about it and we decided on roses.. rose bra. Now, since it was super dark, he had to go back and darken up the heart and add a bunch of black to the birds. I wish I had a "before" picture because it looks so much better now!

I also wish I woulda held off on the new school bluebirds, if only so I could've planned everything better.. but what the hell did I know when I was 18? Dave also did the claddagh and the two roses in my collar bone ditch. How many different styles are going on here??

[ATTACH]2881[/ATTACH]

i don't normally like newschool styling Pat, but i actually really like this piece. the black definitely ties it together.

The venerable "Cardinal of Cool" Freddy Corbin (as so appropriately dubbed on this here forum) just did this script on me five days ago. He was supposed to drop some black/grey roses in underneath the script to fill out some of the last big chunks of my chest but due to shop drama that day we didn't finish in time to do that... But it's all good because it means I get to go back to Temple again next month!

here's a close up photo w/ shiny new freshly flaked skin and all...

002.JPG

and here's a photo for reference to the open spots we're putting roses in a couple weeks.. poor lighting yada yada

008.JPG

PS - I feel I should add Freddy is just as great of a person as he seems in the recently posted interview. Full of positivity and amazing history. Good times indeed.