My latest tatoo experince

cookabowl

Hey all, i would like to get any opinions on my new tat. i went in for a 3 hr sit, i wont really get in to the details too much of the tat or the tattooer. the dude completed the tat, suaved it up, put a bandage on it, on my way i went. 2-3 hrs later i remove the bandage no problems, i cleaned it let it dry, patted it out, applied a light coat of aquaphor. it was late i crashed. In the morning the tat looked fine, wash, pat dry aquaphor, i did this for 3 days, then went to lubiderm creme, 4 days now the whole tat was peeling, and had some smaller scabs, on one part i noticed the skin/ink mix part kind of pulled out, it looked funky to me, it scabbed good, this never happened to me on any other i have.

so the next day, i pushed some what hard on a3 of the scabs, and a clear liquid, and pus, came out, need i say that one has fallen off, but another scab has now appeared, i think i got a minor infection from the tat, because the shop looks clean, the dude used new tubes, and needles, i never brought that on my tat, i also clean it with bare hand, and use new paper towels, while its healing.

so after all that i have 2 questions, the one bad scabbed area is now a scar?

what should i say to the dude when i go back for a touch up?

I had an issue with the topside of my wrist similar to this. Healed effing awesome for the first six or seven days. Right around then it formed a pretty good scab. The same tattooer has done my entire arm. I know him outside of tattooing and I completely trust the sterility of everything. A few days after the scab formed, I was washing my hands at the shop and went to put gloves on to take out some garbage...ripped the damn scab off. It is just a hole underneath. It wasn't healed at all under there...just a pool of pigment. This spot was in a sea of red pigment on my wrist and there is none of that red on the rest of my arm. Eaither I had some prior skin issue I didn't know about or I had a reaction in that one spot to the red. Sucks but there really isn't anything I can do...wait for it to heal completely and see if we can touch it up.

the way I figure, your skin is pretty fucking tuff. It can take thousands of needle punctures and then heal in two weeks. If I have a problem healing one tiny spot on my whole arm...I can live with that.

I would not hesitate to see a physician for your own sake if possible. Even if the appointment it's with one of those "doc in the boxes"(quick care).

It may be the best money spent and will make you and your new tattoo feel better.

I wish you luck and hope it heals nicely whatever you decide.

Edited by Idahoink
sp

Sounds like you got some infected spots for whatever reason. If it's still hurting/seeping goo, you can slather some bacitracin on it and wrap it back up with saran wrap for a day or so. I've had one instance of infection (100% my fault..) and that did the trick. Your tattooer will most likely have to go over those spots once they've healed.

What'd you get? Got a picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for your healing routine, everyone's different, but I've found a lot of folks who incessantly wash and dry and lotion and wash and dry and lotion tend to have problems. All that constant care is just going to irritate it. In the future, the more you leave it alone, the better it will -- most likely -- heal.

its not infected, i was just looking for some input, as to why/how it happened, and understand it could have happened many ways, most likely my fault. My " healing routine" will have to be adjusted, just don't know how to go about it.lol. i just followed what the tattooer had told me. Thanks for all the responses!

• 2 weeks later...

well a month in, the 3 bad spots, pretty much lost all the ink, even due to the fact that the scabs fell off natural. those spots are still not healed 100%. i figure when i go back for the touch up, i am thinking of just washing the tat a few times a day, and not use any suave,or creme.i am going to approach it as a wound, see what happens.

well a month in, the 3 bad spots, pretty much lost all the ink, even due to the fact that the scabs fell off natural. those spots are still not healed 100%. i figure when i go back for the touch up, i am thinking of just washing the tat a few times a day, and not use any suave,or creme.i am going to approach it as a wound, see what happens.

No need to wash it multiple times a day. If you're treating it like a wound, just leave it alone dude. The more you fuck with it, the more fucked up it'll get. Do you have pictures?