Greetings from Seattle!

cptrixie

Hello everybody! The last time I was in getting tattooed (mid- September) my artist mentioned this site as we were talking other tattoo sites. Since then, I've been lurking and reading and figured it was time to say hi so I could join in the conversation.

I took about a 9 year break from getting tattooed and then decided that life was too short and I was back in the chair for more! I look forward to reading more and hopefully contributing to the community.

Hello everybody! The last time I was in getting tattooed (mid- September) my artist mentioned this site as we were talking other tattoo sites. Since then, I've been lurking and reading and figured it was time to say hi so I could join in the conversation.

I took about a 9 year break from getting tattooed and then decided that life was too short and I was back in the chair for more! I look forward to reading more and hopefully contributing to the community.

Greetings, where/who do you get tattooed by up in Seattle?

Welcome from another noob. Enjoy.

Thanks! Figured I should go legit. ;)

Greetings, where/who do you get tattooed by up in Seattle?

Heya neighbor to the south! The stuff I got before the break was from the old Superstar (they expanded at one point and are now Super Genius), Hidden Hand in Fremont and from the old Revolution Tattoo who are now a Slave To The Needle location. Those old ones aren't bad but, honestly, nothing with OMG factor. Since then, I've learned quite a bit... ;)

The new stuff is being done by Bryan Kachel at Cicada Tattoo http://www.facebook.com/cicadatattoo?fref=ts

He's done some old school traditional crows on my outer chest and on the 21st I go back in for leaves behind them and a robot piece on my back shoulder. Can't recommend these guys enough!

Thanks for the welcome, folks!

Edited by cptrixie
typos

• 5 months later...

Slave to the Needle does some really awesome work (I am actually fairly near their original shop here in Ballard) but the shop vibe at Cicada is amazing and you can really tell these guys love the art and appreciate each other. It's a cool place to walk into.

Slave to the Needle does some really awesome work (I am actually fairly near their original shop here in Ballard) but the shop vibe at Cicada is amazing and you can really tell these guys love the art and appreciate each other. It's a cool place to walk into.

Thats awesome :). The next time I am up in that neck of the woods I'll check it out :)