Opinions please

Scott R

I have a friend who is going to NYC and getting work while there from BULLSEYE TATTOO SHOP | VICTOR MODAFFERI

My untrained eye see discrepancies between his work on the portfolio. Could just be no sleep but want your opinion please.

Maybe I shouldnt worry because he just got his first tattoo without asking me anything(not that I am all that well informed however) he went to a small town an hr away and got what I would say is blind kitchen magician script down his ribs. Its bad. So no matter what he got from this guy it would be a vast improvement

thanks everyone he sent me a few pictures and one spartan/warrior looked very poor compared to a tiger and a mary(the mary seemed like I have seen it somewhere before credited to someone else.

he is getting a st. defeating lucifer.

I thought the same thing about the pictures, the imagery seemed way too familiar, but I think it's just these are the things people get in this style, portraits of the joker, that spider, skulls ripping out of skin. I think the tattoo your friend wants could be a good fit for this guy, but I guess I understand your concern to some degree. I mean if it was me and I was traveling to NYC, this guy wouldn't be at the top of my list, probably because of style, and there are people here in Portland that tattoo in similar, not to say there aren't good tattooers everywhere, but I understand sometimes it's harder to find what you want in some parts of the country.

I thought the same thing about the pictures, the imagery seemed way too familiar, but I think it's just these are the things people get in this style, portraits of the joker, that spider, skulls ripping out of skin. I think the tattoo your friend wants could be a good fit for this guy, but I guess I understand your concern to some degree. I mean if it was me and I was traveling to NYC, this guy wouldn't be at the top of my list, probably because of style, and there are people here in Portland that tattoo in similar, not to say there aren't good tattooers everywhere, but I understand sometimes it's harder to find what you want in some parts of the country.

yeah i dont know what he is going there for probably military related but I wouldnt have picked the guy out of the NYC arfea talent pool either. I am sure he will get a good tattoo but some of those tattoos looked really nice while a few were flat or at least uninspiring

@Joe Shit thanks man

@Therinx he will be in NYC but going to SI to get tattooed sorry for confusion

I don't know, honestly for that style I think the guy is pretty solid overall. Obviously the talent pool in and around NY is huge but there doesn't seem to be a lot of artists doing black and grey realism, if that's the style wanted. I'm sure there's some better choices but I don't think he'll get a bad tattoo by the Victor guy.

thanks everyone he sent me a few pictures and one spartan/warrior looked very poor compared to a tiger and a mary(the mary seemed like I have seen it somewhere before credited to someone else.

he is getting a st. defeating lucifer.

ok he sent via phone a mary which I think Jun cha did and a spartan that didnt look good which had me thinking bad. After googling and looking through portfolio I feel better that those 2 tattoos are no where to be found and likely a mistake on my friends part while researching.

Most of it looks really nice. I can see some stuff that looks pretty poor though. Some minor things that throw a few pieces way off.

That's what I saw too. I'd keep shopping for another artist.

- - - Updated - - -

The work in his portfolio and others look pretty good.

Rob