just got my whole arm zapped!

YOMONEY

at fade fast. my arm is super swollen. and not like painful-because-of-bruising swollen. but more like lymphadema elephant man swollen. it doesnt hurt at all, but it sucks. is this normal? any advice on how to handle this?

about the treatment- its NOT painful. uncomfertable- yes. in fact the only time it hurt was when i was thinkng about what its comparable too. my experience was more like tiny pin pricks and stinging. there were some foot wagging and teeth grinding moments, but never was i ready to take a break or praying for it to be over with. there is no way to say it hurts more or less than getting a tattoo, because theyre two different feelings- apples and oranges.

off the bat, all of my shading as knocked out and some black areas were gone or very faded. it also stings like a sunburn an hour or two after treatment. again, nothing bad. my arm is full of huge blisters now also. they do not hurt, just look gnarley.

i was scared as hell going into this, nobody should be. its seriously not that bad or as crazy as it looks..

- - - Updated - - -

which also makes me think, everything ive read or seen- the prices people are charged, the agony people are put through, and especially the results people are getting, it is VERY important to travel to see somebody with a rep in the tattoo community to get this done.

My arm was swollen after my last treatment, but I don't blister anymore. The pain is going to be different for everyone and depends on their pain tolerance. I've witnessed someone crying in the waiting room after a treatment. I'm glad you decided to go through with the process, instead of blacking out your arm. I've been thinking of taking a trip to Dallas, due to all the positive reviews.

My arm was swollen after my last treatment, but I don't blister anymore. The pain is going to be different for everyone and depends on their pain tolerance. I've witnessed someone crying in the waiting room after a treatment. I'm glad you decided to go through with the process, instead of blacking out your arm. I've been thinking of taking a trip to Dallas, due to all the positive reviews.

napalm, about the blackout- wow, youre not kidding me man! was your swelling the type of swelling i was describing above?

as far as traveling to dallas, i would do it, no question. so worth it. i dont know, but i heard somebody say that after laser they had the same type of feeling/high as getting a new tattoo. thats exactly how i felt- so stoked. if it took any longer than 10-15 minutes, i seriously didnt notice.

the price is moooooooore than fair. as a matter of fact, my jaw dropped when i saw it on paper. i got a deal, so i dont know if its cool to say right now. but id call allen, hes a real cool guy. and you can get a package for 4 treaments for the price of 3, because i think its 4 is his average to get coverup work done (thats what he said, but i dont know for sure if thats the reason for the package).

i will post pics when my arm chills the fuck out! hopefully sooner than later..

napalm, about the blackout- wow, youre not kidding me man! was your swelling the type of swelling i was describing above?

My swelling was just as you described, and I'm definitely in a good mood after every treatment. I have an appointment for my next treatment on the 28th and will probably look into fade fast after that.

My arm always swells after laser. What I have learnt from my last two lasers sesions not all lasers feel the same. I,m going to a place that has all 3 lasers to hit each of the colours I have, two hurt and one hurts like fuck so it depends on what laser your being hit by. I have also started getting it lasered twice in one session "r20" I think it's called, he goes over the colors with the various lasers then hits the lot again, pretty aggressive and I blister but it heals fine.

My arm always swells after laser. What I have learnt from my last two lasers sesions not all lasers feel the same. I,m going to a place that has all 3 lasers to hit each of the colours I have, two hurt and one hurts like fuck so it depends on what laser your being hit by. I have also started getting it lasered twice in one session "r20" I think it's called, he goes over the colors with the various lasers then hits the lot again, pretty aggressive and I blister but it heals fine.

good point, bulldog. the results from just one r20 session look impressive. and the machines, i was talking about them with allen. he said a diff machines are the best at doing different things. his is all about power. the most powerful machine you can get. it treats 10mm at a time, as opposed to 2mm which most machines have. while others machines are the best at taking out color, his is all about just plowing through large areas to get them faded with less treatments. i was worried that when i arrived that hed look at how much i wanted zapped, and be like "uhh.. i dont know". but he was just like "yeah, we can take out as much as you want"..

and truthfully, about the swelling, i wasnt able to keep it cool/on ice like he had stressed, mainly because of my travel. but next round im going to be on it fully.

Some of my clients report looking like a car accident victim the day after, but having no pain associated with the bruising. I've never bruised, however tonight I sat through 3 different tattoos that my business partner did on me, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow as this is the longest I've sat.

Ice for up to 15 minutes with at least 60 minutes between, for as long as needed to help combat some of the swelling. I can't stress how important it is during the first few days to keep hydrated & follow your aftercare instructions. Drink more water than you think you should be.

Avoid a loofa or wash cloth in the shower, but I'm happy to report I've never experienced the sting that's similar to sunburn or a fresh tattoo in the shower.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks! i travel from new mexico to fade fast in dallas to get it done. i dont know about the pain. some say it hurts. i thought it hurt a little bit, but was mostly just uncomfertable. but i also wouldnt say getting tattood hurts, but is also uncomfertable. or maybe im just really twisted. im also super fascinated by the whole process, which probably helps me with the pain/discomfert as well. and i was scared shitless going in. i thought it was going to be horrible. thankfully it wasnt anything near what i had in my mind. unfortunantly, i dont know of anything out in pac n.w., but theres a lot of knowledgable people on here. sure someone knows of a spot out that way..

*edit*

thinking about it right now.. if youve ever seen a treatment- on youtube, in real life, whatever- it feels similiar to how it looks, followed by a bad stinging/sunburn-y sensation. i also wonder if treatments are similiar to getting tattooed, where different locations would be more painful. i couldnt imagine getting zapped in the face!

im just 3 days shy of the 3 week since my treatment mark, and definantly noticed some more breaking and lightening of the ink in the last couple of days. sorry for the lack of pics. id like to wait til atleast a few weeks in to show the best results as i can. but promise to keep this thread updated.

• 2 weeks later...

its been 4 1/2 weeks since the treatment. so ill throw up some pics tonight. if youre able to get out to dallas, id go with fade fast as well. if its between them and dr. tattoff, youll actually end up saving money (or spending just as much) with travel included. plus get way better results.

i was watching something like that on true life it all filled with fluid its nasty but normal it should go away

I remember that. Those where a little extreme, and that show is now a few years old and technology and technique has improved. Blistering can happen, but it's few and far between now and has to do more with the persons body, skin and immune system.

nathan, proud of you man. youll be happy, allen is the coolest. he really is doing a great service for the tattoo community.

my bad about the lack of updates, i had to take off the next day to dallas to get my other half zapped. as soon as it heals promise ill throw up some pics, even though theres not a whole lot to see right now.

i figured, since the heavyness of the sleeve, that id have to go a few extra sessions, but allen is positive i only need 4 (so happy).

i also take back everything ive said previously about it not being painful. this time was. in fact, probably one of the most painful things ever. i think he was going easy on me my first time. i think he turned up the power this time. all i could do is clench my jaw as tight as possible, wag my foot, and repeat over in my head "take it like a g". the bacon grease/rubberband comparison is on fucking point. but like everyone says, its quick. and its a major ends justifying the means situation, which makes it all way worth it.

i also heal pretty fast. so ill throw someshit up 2 days hopefully..

• 2 weeks later...