just got my whole arm zapped!

YOMONEY

Just finished my 2nd session on Wednesday. Got several nice blisters to show for 45 minutes of small torture. Will post a before and progress picture towards the end of March - just before my 3rd session.

You sat for 45 minutes?!! You have earned my respect man, seriously. Longest I've personally sat is 16, longest I've had a client sit for is 19 before tapping.

We've been having great success in combating blisters and swelling by having clients cover with aquaphor 60 minutes post treatment, then plastic wrap, then pre wrap: CVS Universal Sports Pre-Wrap Protects Skin - CVS pharmacy

Of course, talk with your treatment place before deviating from their aftercare instructions.

We've been having great success in combating blisters and swelling by having clients cover with aquaphor 60 minutes post treatment, then plastic wrap, then pre wrap: CVS Universal Sports Pre-Wrap Protects Skin - CVS pharmacy

Of course, talk with your treatment place before deviating from their aftercare instructions.

i got horrible blisters on my first treatment. treatment 1.5 (the other half of the first treatment) didnt result in many bad blisters. as well as large areas on my other arm i thought fuck it, lets hit it. the swelling wasnt as bad either. part of me thinks that this could be from the aggressiveness of allens laser and not icing it nearly as much as he recommends me too (this last time i was permawet/cold from getting off the bus hours earlier and standing in the rain, wasnt trying to think about iving myself at that point).

i go back for official second session in a week or so and dont know what to expect? should second sessions really knocks some shit out??

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, stu. i could be sitting for that time and dont know. im assumming its more like 15 tops, tho. and im getting large parts of my body treated. are youre zapping everything? head to toe? damn. are you going to fade fast?

@YOMONEY - treatments vary by person, mine personally don't really start to fade until around week 3-4, and fade well into week 6. I'm actually due this week for another treatment if my business partner has time for me. It will be 3rd on one tattoo and 2nd on two others.

Some of my clients see fading in weeks 2-4, some come back at week 4. Because the vast majority of fading is carried out by your bodies immune system, there is one size fits all aftercare. If you waited 8-12 weeks between treatments there's a good chance you'll see more fading in those last few weeks, but everyone is different and no one wants to prolong this more than they have to.

k, lets hope this works..

before..

P9270012_zpscaab9d83-1_zpsce196bb9.jpg

9 weeks after 1st session. think he was going easy on me this round..

P2030038_zpsc8083c5e.jpg

before..

P9270013_zpsa052b517.jpg

4 weeks afrer 1st session. think he really cranked it up this time..

P2030036_zpse73c7e7a.jpg

allen is saying all i need is 3 treatments. i have no reason to doubt that. dudes a real g with the laser. im going back in a couple days, so ill keep it updated.

k, lets hope this works..

allen is saying all i need is 3 treatments. i have no reason to doubt that. dudes a real g with the laser. im going back in a couple days, so ill keep it updated.

What is you plan for cover-up? Do you have any ideas yet? An artist picked out?

i was hanging out on sidewalk patios at this pizza joint and then this bar next door and thought it was out of the ordinary that so many people were sporting some a lot of really sick traditional work. i had no clue that right next door was fucking elm street. i didnt know that some of the artists there are really talented with japanese traditional as well. got to go in and talk to them a little about what i was looking for. their prices are pretty on par too which is cool.

oh yeah, stu. i could be sitting for that time and dont know. im assumming its more like 15 tops, tho. and im getting large parts of my body treated. are youre zapping everything? head to toe? damn. are you going to fade fast?

No, I've got a collection of random stuff from the '70s and '80s that's taking up prime real estate on about a quarter of my back. Definately some lightening 6-8 weeks after the 1st session. Anxious to see how it'll look 8 weeks after the 2nd session. I'm hoping my 5th session in Sept-Oct will have gotten it all light enough for new cover work.

I had my fourth treatment on my arm and leg, along with my third treatment on my chest yesterday. They used the normal laser first then went over everything with an erbium fractional laser. It was the first time they used this method.

whoa. that sounds next level. what the hell does it mean? otherwise, how are the treatments coming along?

a day or two after my first treatment..

tumblr_mena9q7jNS1rnl643o1_1280.jpg

this was some serious shit- waking up in the morning drenched in blister juice (no kidding), coupled with my arm swelling up to 3 times its normal size. this all lasted for a week exactly.

this only happened during treatments 1 and 1.5, from here on out, the laser power gets turned up, but there is no more swelling or blistering or anything (thank god).

im still waiting (patiently) to post update pictures from treatment 2, but so far there has been little difference. hoping this will all change during weeks 4-8. also, will be back in dallas in 2 weeks for treatment 2.5.

funny story (to me anyway), last time i was in dallas i ran into some guys who (far as fuck away from dallas) put on a lot of my tattoos. really cool guys, but kind of weird running into them out there under those circumstances.

That is so crazy i never thought laser treatments could give you that bad of blisters. guess i never thought about it. Hope your sessions go well!

a day or two after my first treatment..

tumblr_mena9q7jNS1rnl643o1_1280.jpg

this was some serious shit- waking up in the morning drenched in blister juice (no kidding), coupled with my arm swelling up to 3 times its normal size. this all lasted for a week exactly.

this only happened during treatments 1 and 1.5, from here on out, the laser power gets turned up, but there is no more swelling or blistering or anything (thank god).

im still waiting (patiently) to post update pictures from treatment 2, but so far there has been little difference. hoping this will all change during weeks 4-8. also, will be back in dallas in 2 weeks for treatment 2.5.

funny story (to me anyway), last time i was in dallas i ran into some guys who (far as fuck away from dallas) put on a lot of my tattoos. really cool guys, but kind of weird running into them out there under those circumstances.

thanks ducky.. i think a large part of that may have been my lack of keeping it iced during that treatment. but on the good side, this only happened to me during treatment one. from here on out there isnt much healing to do. shit, my skin barely even dried out.