Allergic reaction to h2o tattoo products

Natveggie45

Just was inquiring had anything like this happen or heard of it; hubby and I just had more tattoos done. Mine healed just fine with those products ( cream and foam). Hubby used them in the past just fine. But this time his lower arm is just a huge rash, quite painful. Thank God his tattoo did not discolor or anything ( fleur de lys and dagger). But the doctor thinks it is an allergic reaction to those products... Will take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to heal ( some of the sores were bleeding..). Just buyer beware..,,

Sure hope the best for his healing! Thanks for the heads up, I spose I'll just stick with a bit of Aquaphor and Aveeno as I have with no probs for years.

I have heard ok things with the product but, may be an issue with people with seafood allergies(may be bullshit).

I would suggest to anyone in the future if using anything new to try a bit before getting tattoo in a small area on the body for this reason alone.

Again, I wish great luck in his recovery and a perfect tattoo!

I've heard of and seen more allergic reactions to these "specialty" tattoo healing products than the good ol trusty ones of lotion.....so I stay clear, just my experience.

Yea I stick with aquaphor and lubriderm. They work!

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard of and seen more allergic reactions to these "specialty" tattoo healing products than the good ol trusty ones of lotion.....so I stay clear, just my experience.

Yea I stick with aquaphor and lubriderm. They work!

Or as my dad says "Dont fix it unless it's broke!"

My general rule is never go out and buy anything special for healing tattoos, I have aquaphor around for my son's diaper rash, so in the event I feel a healing tattoo might need something that is what I use.

The other day I got a sample of some tattoo goo in the mail, it smelled and looked just like tiger balm, I can't imagine whatever this product is, that it's that much different or more effective than anything you buy at a drug store. In fact I would imagine mulit billion dollar health and beauty aid companies spend a lot of money making sure the skin healing products they put on the shelf are the best and most effective on the market. Do you really think some tattoo goo company is doing the same or has the same bankroll as say Johnson& Johnson ?

I would imagine most reactions to these products are from overuse. If you think you have a magic potion in the bottle then using twice as much will heal the tattoo in half the time right? But then you are left with big scabs from not washing the ointment off before it dries and scabs and clogged pours.

Totally agree with all of you; the weird thing is that he only used it twice... I use it often. Sometimes Lubriderm.. Whatever I have on hand. I keep teasing him that he is a sensitive kind of guy...with daggers and skulls on his arms. Today is the first day when we can see signs of healing. It is scabbing well. The tattoo looks perfect; it is mainly around it. I personnally think he babied it too much; i am more of a leave it alone kind of gal...