I'm Amazed!!

else

I'm amazed at the incredible art work that is able to be put on skin! I'm amazed at the ingenuity, the skill, and the obvious talent of so many, many, many tattoo artists out there.

Until I started coming here and following a bunch of tattooers on Instagram I had NO IDEA that so many spectacular tattoos are being done in the world.

I remember looking at old tattoo magazines at my uncle's house when I was a teenager and thinking that they were amazing - but it was so unreal to me - stuff in a magazine y'know.

And then tattooing was illegal in Oklahoma until not too many years ago - not to say that there weren't tattoos happening, but it was all fairly hush hush (and most of them weren't very good) and I never thought to look to see what else was out there.

And now my mind is blown every. single. day.

Perhaps the most amazing thing of all - great tattoos are accessible to just about everybody. You don't have to be famous, or wealthy, or otherwise connected to be able to get an awesome tattoo. It takes just a little bit of research and attention to what is going on out there.

AMAZING!!

It's one of the coolest things ever. I regret that I have been missing out on all this for so long.

Tattoos are pretty much the coolest thing in the world! I'm also pretty much constantly amazed by the quality of work people here have. I have this joke about Instagram how if you see amazing work it's either on a tattooer or on an LST member (which, I know, are sometimes one and the same). Instagram in particular is insane. I know that so much is lost by seeing tattoos on a tiny phone screen, but the amount of mind-bogglingly awesome tattoos that are being done every single day in insane. Like how crazy is it that Horiyoshi 3 has an instagram?!? I hope this board is able to show people that having really good, like jaw-droppingly good, tattoos is something anyone can have as long as they're willing to put the time and money--and when you compare it to collecting other kinds of art, it's really not much money at all--into it.