Tattoo Crush

David Flores

Thicker Than Water Tattoo - East Village - New York, NY - RICHARD SMITH

Something about this dude's work that i like.

THoTH

Same thing with John..I can't put my finger on why i like his work,but it just looks pleasing to the eye.

Funny lately I have been on a Mike Adams trip as well, almost forgot. I have a lot of crushes I suppose.

Everything Paul dobleman does is simply stunning and perfect. Same goes for Zach Nelligan. I absolutely love everything I see either of them do. I'd say my most recent tattoo crush though, is Tony Nilsson at Blue Arms Tattoo. On instagram he is Tony_Tox. Definitely give him a look if you are not already familiar with his work.

Thanks to both @ian and @Scott R both of you guys have some amazing work. Scott Sylvia, Valerie , Jondix, Tim Hendricks, and soon Grime ( @ian)......

I obviously agree with the both of you. @Stewart Robson work is very appealing to me. I had came across his work on twitter (pre-instagram) and immediately knew that I wanted to get something from him. In fact I am back at Frith Street in 81 days!

definitely Ron Wells (obv I'm a fan since my bird is by him), every one of the tattoos he posts on Instagram I think "FUCK why is that not on me????" his tattoos just have such great style to them while still being classic. and he's not scared to use a bit of black...

also I can never pass by a nice Ashley Love piece. Saw a heart n dagger she did at a wedding a couple weeks ago and couldn't stop staring at it. So clean.

definitely Ron Wells (obv I'm a fan since my bird is by him), every one of the tattoos he posts on Instagram I think "FUCK why is that not on me????" his tattoos just have such great style to them while still being classic. and he's not scared to use a bit of black...

also I can never pass by a nice Ashley Love piece. Saw a heart n dagger she did at a wedding a couple weeks ago and couldn't stop staring at it. So clean.

Also Ron's all-black roses.

Another tattooer I've really been into lately is Tas. I gotta get over to the UK and get tattooed by him.

Oh, I just remembered another one: Shad aka Horitskukikage. Insanely beautiful Japanese work that takes cues from Horitoshi, but is still its own thing.

And even though I'm lucky enough to get to see a Horitomo piece on my arm every day, I'm still floored by everything he posts, especially those cat paintings.

Oh, I just remembered another one: Shad aka Horitskukikage. Insanely beautiful Japanese work that takes cues from Horitoshi, but is still its own thing.

And even though I'm lucky enough to get to see a Horitomo piece on my arm every day, I'm still floored by everything he posts, especially those cat paintings.

I love those cat paintings. I bought prints of the cat with koi backpiece and the tebori cats paintings and I need to frame and hang those. I've seen on his IG that he tattoos those as well, I'd absolutely love one when I make it to the Bay Area to get tattooed ie no time soon unfortunately :(

I love those cat paintings. I bought prints of the cat with koi backpiece and the tebori cats paintings and I need to frame and hang those.

I'm waiting for delivery of those same prints. Gonna frame them to hang in my new office. I'm not even a cat person (except for the Jay Cavna tiger I plan to get next), but there's something special about those paintings.

I'm waiting for delivery of those same prints. Gonna frame them to hang in my new office. I'm not even a cat person (except for the Jay Cavna tiger I plan to get next), but there's something special about those paintings.

Agreed those paintings are bad ass. 2012 has sure been the year of the cat as far as tattoos go. I am not a cat guy either, but some pretty cool cat flash and paintings going around.

Well, now I've forgotten who said Tomas, but: Tomas Garcia. And it's all @jayessebee 's fault. I'm all over that dude's instagram, love his tattoos. Next time I'm in CA or when he rolls through on his FBI/UFO site tour (guest spots) I would definitely get tattooed by him. Seems like a cool dude, too.