this guys home made laser

YOMONEY

Very interesting and good find. Looks like it works but a very small margin for error.

Although, I am soon going to have some ink removed or at least faded a bit for cover and even if this guy was my best friend for life, I still wouldnt let him touch me with that non medical regulated, trailor tested on buddies, shop class inspired tool.

I think I will just let the pros do what they do best instead of taking a chance.

GL!

Home engineering = cool, real world applications, RUN from this. First and foremost, no gloves?

Next, 808nm is not the proper wavelength, every commercial machine runs at 1064, and 2 others for harder colors, but 95% of tattoos can be removed at that wavelength. There is no talk of pulse control either and his depth gauge is a guess, at best.

Further signs that the guy, while apparently smart enough to rig this up, does not fully understand what he's doing - he states in the first video "dude, I can see the ink changing colors" - which is false. The white you see is actually water vapor, from the laser exploding it within your skin. Lasers do not remove tattoos, they facilitate the body to dispose of the pigments.

You wouldn't go to a kitchen magician for a tattoo, why go to one to have it removed?

Home engineering = cool, real world applications, RUN from this. First and foremost, no gloves?

Next, 808nm is not the proper wavelength, every commercial machine runs at 1064, and 2 others for harder colors, but 95% of tattoos can be removed at that wavelength. There is no talk of pulse control either and his depth gauge is a guess, at best.

Further signs that the guy, while apparently smart enough to rig this up, does not fully understand what he's doing - he states in the first video "dude, I can see the ink changing colors" - which is false. The white you see is actually water vapor, from the laser exploding it within your skin. Lasers do not remove tattoos, they facilitate the body to dispose of the pigments.

You wouldn't go to a kitchen magician for a tattoo, why go to one to have it removed?

I was hoping you'd weigh in here with some knowledge. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

808nm has almost exactly the same absorbtion properties as 1064nm ,only diferanc is it is absorbed by melenon more readly .it is much better then the original ruby lasers that used visible red light.i choses 808nm because 1064nm is 3 times the cost. I never claimed it would remove color tattoos, and 532nm is the only other color you would use and its for red pigments.I did an enormus ammount of research on this device,i built it because i was furious when i bought a NEO MAG tattoo remover and discovered it was a car head light with a usb powered fan,i had friends with small gang tattoos who were using blow torches and sand paper to take them off because they would be shot if the wrong person saw it.

i designed this thing to remove small tattoos of black and dark blue ink for as cheap as possable to save peoples lives.who cant afford to go to a professional shop to have it removed.

if you took the time to actually read what i have posted you would see that i always recomend a professionl laser system be used and that this devise is at best better than acid or sand paper.

iriguardless of the ammount of colorful statements about me being a genious or an idiot,or what ever less than professional comments anyone may have the fact remains that (MY TATTOO IS GONE)

I THANK EVERYONE FOR THERE HONEST PROFESSIONAL OPINIONS,as for the not so well informed kneejerk commentery i will disreguard as should everyone else with measurable intelect likely should.

Thank you for your time the creater of this device Attila Gibson.

as for the guys slinging the ink on this site(#@CKEN BITCHEN ART WORK!!VERY INPRESSIVE!)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
That is very interesting, but I would not go with anything that isn't approved by FDA standards.

If something goes wrong, you would be held accountable.

Well, it's an ancient post but still.... seems the appropriate way to get rid of those kitchen tattoos you got while stoned. Two wrongs making a right? At least he cautioned to wear eye protection (although it looks as if he just used sunglasses).

- - - Updated - - -

That is very interesting, but I would not go with anything that isn't approved by FDA standards.

If something goes wrong, you would be held accountable.

Well, it's an ancient post but still.... seems the appropriate way to get rid of those kitchen tattoos you got while stoned. Two wrongs making a right? At least he cautioned to wear eye protection (although it looks as if he just used sunglasses).