New to the site and Virginia.

JDM70

Hey all, I am new to the site and forum. Recently moved to Waynesboro, Virginia and I am looking for the best realism/reproduction artists within a couple hour drive. I will probably make a thread in the advice forum to get some recommendations. Thanks!

@JDM70, I live just up the road in Harrisonburg.

My pal Andrew Conner is a damn fine tattooer/artist up here. He is well versed in reproduction and black/grey tattooing, but his true specialty is traditional Japanese and American style tattoos. Nate Heim, who works up here, loves realism and portraits. You can't go wrong with them. True gems of the Shenandoah Valley.

Scroll through the artists albums and pics for them here on the Alley Cat Tattoo Facebook page.

Who else? Hmm. In Richmond I'm very partial to the folks at Salvation Tattoo and Absolute Art, but color realism/reproduction really isn't their thing, even though I am sure they can tackle it. I imagine you're seeking a pretty particular style? Or is it more general. Check out their work for sure.

Down in Roanoke there is Asylum Tattoos and Skin Thrills. Check out their portfolios and see if there is anyone you like. I only personally know Jason Setchel at Asylum, and he's a real good fella, but does more neo-traditional/new-skool work.

And finally, welcome! Thanks for the shout out @gougetheeyes !

Hey all, I am new to the site and forum. Recently moved to Waynesboro, Virginia and I am looking for the best realism/reproduction artists within a couple hour drive. I will probably make a thread in the advice forum to get some recommendations. Thanks!

Welcome! You're off to a great start here.

welcome aboard!

Yeah in roanoke Daniel @ Asylum does awesome color realism if you are into that- really though in waynesboro you are in a sweet spot being right in the middle of VA as far as being surrounded by awesome artists-

Daniel Jones | asylumstudiostattoos.com

cant go wrong at ALLEYCAT, @CultExciter is correct about that- plus nate has an awesome Stell knee cat

- - - Updated - - -

haha got a BG realism piece at Alex's years ago and it fell out - totally vanished after 1 laser sesh

Thanks for the recommendations. I am still doing my research, so if anybody has anyone else for me to check out then let me know. So far I am thinking either Daniel Jones, Daniel Farren, Nate Heim, or Sean Karn would best match my style here locally. Still trying to decide if I want to go with one of them or travel a bit further. Thanks again.