How about this skull rose on my front bicep?

shinobi

I'm really diggin' this design (attached), especially in this spot.

Hard to describe. Not exactly the inner bicep or the outer bicep

so I'll just call it the "front bicep." Basically it would be visible best

when facing me.

I've seen this placement on a few people.

What do you guys think about the piece and the placement?

Pros and cons?

Skull and rose is a great design. I don't like the placement though. A design like that needs to be bigger than you have it in the mockup (look at the snake and skull tattoo poster Russ just got in the latest tattoo lowdown/December tattoo of the month, that's what size you should be looking at...so around three times the size it is in your posted image) and I can't really see that working on the front of the bicep because it would curve into your armpit and just be kind of weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting out I would look to fill out my arms more with a bigger piece , I started one arm with two separate pieces of similar size to that rose and my arms looked bare and the small tattoos looked floating in space . Thats more of a space filler tattoo for when your arms look more tattooed , jump to something big and busy like a dagger or crawling panther etc if your looking to compliment your forearms, and also you'll feel tattooed .

I really dig Fine Tattoo Work in Orange, CA.

Fine Tattoo Work - Home

Who are you going to there. Seems like they all put on a pretty good tattoo. I am probably the most familiar with Chip Douglas's work?

But I would say that a tattoo that classic and simple doesn't have to be so much work as far as coming up with designs, there is no photoshop needed, you really just have to walk in and get tattooed.

All I am saying is don't overthink things, you are the right track.

I really dig Fine Tattoo Work in Orange, CA.

Fine Tattoo Work - Home

Go there. Get tattooed by Lucky Bastard. Trust his opinion over everyone else's, especially your own. That man is one of the best tattooers working today. His Japanese stuff is just unbelievable, and it doesn't get much more traditional than his Americana.

sorry, this is a weird thread,using computers to compose tattoos is still strange to me. Asking the world their opinion is also strange.

Are your other 490 posts this helpful? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you going to there. Seems like they all put on a pretty good tattoo. I am probably the most familiar with Chip Douglas's work?

But I would say that a tattoo that classic and simple doesn't have to be so much work as far as coming up with designs, there is no photoshop needed, you really just have to walk in and get tattooed.

All I am saying is don't overthink things, you are the right track.

I dig all the artists. However, in this case I feel Steve Goodspeed is the guy for this job. While a small tattoo, he will put time and detail into it and won't just dismiss it as another simple rose/skull tattoo. I also like his enthusiasm about doing it. I can tell he loves his craft.

As for Chip Douglas, I put down a deposit to get some work done by him too. If you look at his portfolio, he's got a style a lot like Lucky's and does a good snake which is what I might be going with. He's booked out a few months so I still haven't chatted with him about the piece yet.

• 3 months later...