Are you ever going to stop?

Dhopper

I finally admitted to myself that I'm probably not going to stop any time soon. First I was just going to get a tattoo, then just a sleeve, then just a sleeve and a chest panel. Now I'm deciding between another sleeve or a big back/side piece. Just deciding which will be first. I'll stop when I stop.

I finally admitted to myself that I'm probably not going to stop any time soon. First I was just going to get a tattoo, then just a sleeve, then just a sleeve and a chest panel. Now I'm deciding between another sleeve or a big back/side piece. Just deciding which will be first. I'll stop when I stop.

Go with a full back piece...neck to knees!

From ages 17-27, all I had done was my left sleeve, and some random one-offs. I think I'm glad I took it slow back then, because now that I have the time/money, I've been getting tattooed at LEAST once a month for 5+ hours each session. One week I got 5 new pieces. And it's good tattoos now, not the BS I was getting when I was younger. I still have my left leg, right arm (save for a small spot), full torso and back, feet, hands, and neck to get done. In all honesty I don't think there's enough time on this earth for me to get as many as I want.

I think I will stop. I only want so much on my body. I actually like the look of having 60% skin, the rest tattooed. it accents the body and doesn't dominate it. But I will always encourage others in getting tattooed as much as they want. Shit if my life were different, if I were a different person (body type wise) and I didnt want the same things I want now, Id be down to be alot more tattooed.

I plan to keep getting tattooed until I have no more space. However, I will not have my hands or face tattooed. Not too sure about the neck-- we'll see once I run out of other spaces, etc.

Also, I think some of the posters who said they don't want more tattoos will change their minds. ;)

Once my back-piece is done, I think that will be it for a while. I have only my wrists done with my parents names. Sounds corny, but my folks live a very long way from me and I come from a very close family; they are with me all the time now an it gives me peace. I have a epic full back-piece being done now and many more hours of chair time. I will see how it goes after that.... they say never again, but who knows.....

Just got my second knee-ditch done by Timmy Tatts. I dont think I will be getting tattooed again for a little while, that has to hands down be the hardest spot to heal. All the spots I have left are the sucky ones.

dreading that spot! the side-ish knee ditch was already a pain in the ass. i was just imagining some Forrest Gump leg braces.

I can't imagine wanting to stop getting tattooed, as someone said earlier in the thread, it's not just about the tattoo but the people i've met and got to know over those hours sat in the shop is the greatest part of it. Also getting to see all the artwork on display and going to conventions to find new artists is too exciting to consider not doing it anymore!