Are you ever going to stop?

Dhopper

When will you ever stop getting tattooed, if ever? Is there a point you think you will stop? You have a bodysuit, but now think, is it time to do your hands, feet, palms, or head? You ran out of space so now what, coverups, laser, or touchup the older ones to look brighter or sharper?

I used to think I had to slow down, so I don't run out of space, but now I don't have as much free time or money to get tattooed and all I want to do is get more tattoos. I can't imagine I will stop. I see other friends who are a little ahead of me and they seem to find ways to keep getting tattoos with limited or no skin left. I don't really want face tattoos even though that seems to be the trend right now, I have a feeling it will slightly harder to live with and a little more regretful than all the tribal armbands that came out of the 90's and I would just assume skip it.

I'm out of space on my arms and back for anything but filler, but I've got plenty of space open everywhere else. Since I'm 46 I figure I probably wont ever have to stop due to lack of space.

I promised the missus I wouldn't get the neck or the face (not that I was ever planning on it anyway) so I guess that'll be when I stop for good.

Besides, if I ever get to that point it'd be easier to live without neck tattoos than find a new missus.

I have people ask me this all the time, I only have 11. I joke and say never. I'll be done when I feel like it. I know that's kinda vague but it's the most honest answer I can give. I don't sit around thinking "I'll get this here, and that there!" It's more instinctual almost. I just see something or an idea pops up and I go and get it (once I have the money.)

I also hear a lot of comments about it being addictive. I don't view it that way. An addiction would mean I couldn't stop if I wanted. I don't want to. It's just something I really have a passion for and enjoy. That's not an addiction, that's a party!

I guess if I mashed my tattoos together I would have only a full leg and one third of my torso left. I have tattooed the top of my feet and one palm. I just don't have as much space left as some and I just turned 30. When I have told people that I am stopping and people look at me like I am nuts! I have experienced the painful spots minus the top of the ribs and armpits. Also not tattooing my ass either!

i have a long ways to go before im done, but i have nothing but big tattoos lined out so i want to get those done before i do my neck or face. im not sure if i want to tattoo my face, im the only one at our shop who doesnt have a face tattoo. i think if you arent sure if you want to tattoo those areas dont, even if its the crediting trend now. to me places of the body are very important realestate and the hands neck or face are those areas where if you get it done make sure its done by a qualified artist. i hate shity neck face and hand tattoos get it done right we all have to look at that shit.

I keep saying I'm going to slow down/stop but after starting getting tattoos about 2 years ago, I haven't had 1 break yet and actually had 2 tattoos from 2 artist at the same time. I was actually joking at the shop last night with some of the guys that it's not like I keep getting new tattoos, it just seems that it just gets bigger and more epic!

Example:

My leg started with a Hanya from @Stewart Robson, then it was a Raijin on the other side of my thigh, then last night I got a big wicked drum that filled the rest of my thigh/ass, now I'm due for a dragon from knee, right onto my foot. Before I left my artist mentioned that he is leaving the top open on my waist so we can bring it onto my ribs.

I'll of course stop eventually but hope that I still have plenty of tattoos to go still. For me, a big part of why I love getting tattooed, beyond the actual tattoos of course, is that I've met a lot of really amazing people through it who inspire me, who stimulate me, who push me to be a better person in a lot of ways, and I want to continue having that in my life for as long as possible.