What did you get for Christmas?

Our Endless Days

I got a cast iron griddle, and a steel brush, which my son decided to clean the toilet with. I bought myself a pair of Doc Marten Chelsea Boots, I wear the brown ones a lot so I thought the black ones would be a good purchase. I am the worst person to buy for and never give people any clues so I don't expect much, but everyone managed to spoil my child, which is what it's all about anyway.

Did just fine myself, I still have tomorrow at my dad's place to go.

- Amazon gift cards

- gloves

- Candy, of course; 1kg of wine gums being the highlight.

- scratch tickets, (won $50, woot!)

- selection of bbq rubs and hot sauces

- bike accessories

Getting gifts is fun, obviously, but getting together with family is what's really important. Seeing how excited my kids get is the best. Oh, and also the celebration of the advent of jesus is a big deal too :)

I won $50 on a scratch ticket too!!!

I also got:

an ice cube tray that makes pi shaped cubes for my martinis

a painting I saw in Ohio and *loved*

a couple of books, dvds, and an xbox game

a couple of card games

nailpolish

jammies

a clarisonic mia

an ipod/ipad/iphone easel

a pop up speaker for my iphone

I know I am forgetting some things...

@YOMONEY @kylegrey I've been wearing my 501s a lot lately. I haven't picked up any new pairs, due to money issues, but I did get a nice blood stain on my 501s today. I also wore mine to Christmas dinner with the family, but I'm not at the point where I need to vinegar wash them yet, as I am only at about 4 months of wear. A lot of those lines you guys mentioned I haven't even heard of; thanks for the heads-up.

you can never go wrong with 501s. you should check out self edge in sf. they carry a lot of crazy japanese brands that you cant get anywhere else. its mad expensive, but would be a cool place to just go and check out, even if your wallets hurting (ive never been but have ordered online from them).

you can never go wrong with 501s. you should check out self edge in sf. they carry a lot of crazy japanese brands that you cant get anywhere else. its mad expensive, but would be a cool place to just go and check out, even if your wallets hurting (ive never been but have ordered online from them).

Not to steer this thread in another direction too much, but that's a great idea about Self Edge; I hadn't heard of them before. I got my other pairs from Brooklyn Denim and directly from Levi's.

To stay on topic, I got a lot of new clothes for Christmas, sweatshirts and the like. Also got some stuff for road trips to Tahoe and some new goggles. Was gifted some cash as well, so I may just have to put that towards a new tattoo next month.

I worked on Christmas eve, then high-tailed it 4hrs up into the hills to my mother's house. Ate my bodyweight in turkey and trifle over the course of the few days. Saw some people I grew up with, then it was pretty much straight back up on the 27th back to work and to pick up my fiancée from the airport (she flew back to Glasgow for Christmas with her parents).

Tonight we're having a big dinner together at home. Scallops to start, beef Wellington main and baked cheesecake for desert. Got some matched wines picked out. Got a really nice bottle of vintage port for afterwards.

Got this classic 1952 model Baccarat whiskey tumbler, thought it was pretty cool... Seriously weighty.

post-1095-146168844547_thumb.jpg

Hope you guys all had a good few days.

post-1095-146168844551_thumb.jpg

...P.S Oh yeah, and this from my siblings- finally making themselves useful!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...