Tattoo Shaving/Ingrown hair

slayer9019

I just got this issue real bad on my sleeve. It happened before when I got my chest done as well. I had let my tattoo artist shave my arm for my sleeve because that's my standard operating procedure. About a week after the tattoo, my hair started growing back and now I've got these unsightly ass ingrown hairs all over my arm.

I can identify with the other African dude. I'm west African and get ingrown hairs extremely easily. I've got some tea tree oil I use for my face but I'm not sure if I can put it on my arm. Also should I stop using lotion or apply far less? My peeling is almost done but I've still been moisturizing as usual. I've got like 3 clusters of bumps on my arm right now it looks so gross... And it's f**king hot outside too.

Some quick tips I have picked up in this area that I can pass onto you. It might help, it might now. Your mileage will vary.

1. Make sure that the bumps are not from the over application of product (aka AD ointment, lotion, etc), for me I tend to run on the dryer side and use less product as I clog my pores too easily.

2. If it's hot a f**ck outside, sweat might also have something to do with it. Possibly clean it more often? I often clean mine up to 6 times a day with really warm, borderline hot water.

3. I started to use a safety razor for not only my face but for my tattoos. It seriously reduces the risk of ingrown hairs. This apparently holds very true to people of African decent. (Mind you the last statement was pulled not from personal experience but from a large number of reportings on wet-shaving forums). For me it has eliminated any razor burn/ingrown hairs from my face and tattoo sites. Just remember there is a learning curve.

Nair. Works every time.

I use a safety razor for my face and any other time I feel like cleaning up my body hair, it works great. But with hair removal before a tattoo I don't even risk it with a razor. Just Nair.

• 4 months later...

It is necessary to apply a cool compress directly on the tattoo site for the first 24 to 48 hours after laser tattoo removal to prevent inflammation and discomfort.make sure the site is cleaned with soap and water, and gently patted dry till the area gets completely healed.