New Years Eve plans

slayer9019

Apparently it's snowing on the other side of town, which in Portland means mass hysteria. I am just hoping my wife is able to get past all the idiots on the way home and we can hang out for a little bit and have a few cocktails.

Happy Birthday @slayer9019

Yea North NJ is pretty much black ice everywhere. Hell I've had to use 4x4 to get out of my driveway (thank you Jeep!). Suggestion for a good cocktail that I know I'll be making tonight. Warm brandy (or Applejack if you can find it outside of NJ) in hot cider with some cinnamon. I'm not one for cocktails but damn is it good!

And thanks for the Happy Birthday. Honestly after my 21st the all seem to matter less and less.

Happy Birthday @slayer9019 :-)

This is a bit of a blue New Year's for me...

It's just me and "New Year's Rockin' Eve" in my hotel room tonight. No champagne, but I picked up a bottle of Knob Creek on super sale over the weekend.

On the plus side - it looks like I'll be able to get out of this hotel and into an apartment tomorrow! I am sick to death of eating out of the microwave... can't wait to fire up a stove top and cook a proper meal.

Happy Birthday @slayer9019 :-)

This is a bit of a blue New Year's for me...

It's just me and "New Year's Rockin' Eve" in my hotel room tonight. No champagne, but I picked up a bottle of Knob Creek on super sale over the weekend.

On the plus side - it looks like I'll be able to get out of this hotel and into an apartment tomorrow! I am sick to death of eating out of the microwave... can't wait to fire up a stove top and cook a proper meal.

I would offer up my second apartment right now but I have a feeling you aren't in the NJ area. Living out of hotels suck...

I would offer up my second apartment right now but I have a feeling you aren't in the NJ area. Living out of hotels suck...

Awww! Thanks @slayer9019 super sweet of you. I wish I was in NJ! I'm in Rockdale Texas, population 5,580. 2 gas stations, 2 bars, a car wash, an auto parts store... the dining out options are pretty much Sonic and Dairy Queen. Ugh!

I spent all day Saturday in Austin though and had a fabulous time. I'm planning to spend most of my free time away from Rockdale for the duration of this contract. I'm used to being in bigger towns with more travelers and we all kind of glom together. I don't know anyone in Austin but I've got a dear friend in College Station which is only about 30 minutes from here so it's not a completely lonesome experience. And I brought my spinning wheel along this time so I'll have something to do in the evenings.

Happy B'day, Slayer..ya ol' fart!

Else, look at the bright side, no drive-bys, no screaming in the street, and no getting dressed for dinner!

To all of you that are on the road, out of town, out of money, out of luck, or just plain bummed, not to worry-it'll get worse!!!

Hey, but then it'll get better-it's just the "eventually" part that sucks.

Y'all have a good New Year's Eve, and best of everything for your year coming up.

I had to cook up a big pot of sauce for baked ziti, so I started drinking at 11 AM. Started with 24 oz cans of Old English 800 and sequed into Amstel Light. Took a nap from 4-5:30, got up and finished cooking and my guests showed up around 7.

I wasn't shitfaced considering.. but stopped drinking after 8 PM. Downed around 15 beers in total. We ate, watched some NYE crap on the tube, played poker and shot off fireworks at 12. Slept late on the 1st and hit the diner for breakfast. I had a good time.

Rob

I had to cook up a big pot of sauce for baked ziti, so I started drinking at 11 AM. Started with 24 oz cans of Old English 800 and sequed into Amstel Light. Took a nap from 4-5:30, got up and finished cooking and my guests showed up around 7.

I wasn't shitfaced considering.. but stopped drinking after 8 PM. Downed around 15 beers in total. We ate, watched some NYE crap on the tube, played poker and shot off fireworks at 12. Slept late on the 1st and hit the diner for breakfast. I had a good time.

Rob

Diner for breakfast is always key!