2013 Philadelphia Tattoo Convention

I figured since it's the new year now it would be a good time to make a thread for this. Who's going? My girlfriend and I will be there hanging out and I'd definitely like to meet some new people!

February 8-10 2013 15th Annual Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention

Edited by Lochlan

I figured since it's the new year now it would be a good time to make a thread for this. Who's going? My girlfriend and I will be there hanging out and I'd definitely like to meet some new people!

I'll be there from Friday till Sunday with at minimum one other person. Probably not getting tattooed but my friend is going to. Im pretty sure @ShawnPorter will be there and if I remember correctly @Perez is on the site as going.

- - - Updated - - -

@bunnyswitchblade? You going this year?

I'll be there for a day, most likely only for a few hours. the convention is HUGE. Far too many people and I find it a bit overwhelming. But I'll be in the city if anyone wants to meet up.

Overwhelming is exactly the feeling I got last year. It was the first convention I have ever gone to and I was NOT expecting what I had walked into. It was a fun time though, met a lot of cool people, got a few cool tattoos and i'm hoping to do the same this year. If anyone else is interested in meeting up we should set something up one of the nights and go out and get a beer (or water, whatever you're into) or something afterwards.

We've talked about going but I don't have any plans to get tattooed and the lady is getting something from A. Love up here. Also gonna be tough to get a cover for work since we're down a man recently. I'll let you all know if we do go though!

Do it! Also if you get coverage at work, I would be more than willing to offer a lift down. Got 2 extra seats in the Jeep.

I haven't been but here's something from Murray Sell's blog about his opinion of the 2011 convention...

Had an awesome time seeing all my friends this year.Stayed fairly busy too. Didn't have a good time dealing with 800 tattooers in 500 booths. Seem like the bigger these things get, the shittier they become. 45 minute lines, being searched like common criminals,getting hastled by security over pocket knives and tattooing under cameras is pretty fucking LAME .Bummer. In my opinion the shariton Hotel was a FAR better establishment to hold a convention in.Biker gangs and all. I Dont know if I'll return next year.Might just tattoo at Olde City tattoo instead.

-Murray

Posted by Murray Sell New Britain Connecticut at 4:23 PM

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I didn't attend last year, but heard the artist turnout was outrageous.

It tends to be feast or famine, man.

With SO many goddamned tattooers working....

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't been but here's something from Murray Sell's blog about his opinion of the 2011 convention...

Had an awesome time seeing all my friends this year.Stayed fairly busy too. Didn't have a good time dealing with 800 tattooers in 500 booths. Seem like the bigger these things get, the shittier they become. 45 minute lines, being searched like common criminals,getting hastled by security over pocket knives and tattooing under cameras is pretty fucking LAME .Bummer. In my opinion the shariton Hotel was a FAR better establishment to hold a convention in.Biker gangs and all. I Dont know if I'll return next year.Might just tattoo at Olde City tattoo instead.

-Murray

Posted by Murray Sell New Britain Connecticut at 4:23 PM

I read that after last years post. Like I said in an earlier post, I've attended a few times [years ago] but never worked it. I'm excited because it was one of the first conventions I attended while I was apprenticing, [and I enjoy Philadelphia as a city] but nervous how the show is going to be because of posts like Murray's.

I'll be there from Friday till Sunday with at minimum one other person. Probably not getting tattooed but my friend is going to. Im pretty sure @ShawnPorter will be there and if I remember correctly @Perez is on the site as going.

- - - Updated - - -

@bunnyswitchblade? You going this year?

Yep I'll be there, Myself, Ashley Love, Yanni Vera, Sean Rhodes, Matt Bivetto, Dave Ball, Marc Nava, John Poverty and Jeremy Whitley got a whole row to ourselves! should be a a good time!

Andy Perez, I love your stuff, cant wait to see some stuff in person! Our shop has a double booth this year, so if any of you LSTers need a safe spot to stash some newly purchased goodies, feel free to stop at the booth and say hello! Safe travels to all of those out of towners

thanks man! swing by the booth!

I'll be working the convention this year with Mike Adams, Josh Stephens, and Daryl Rodriguez. Come through to the booth and say what's up! I'm taking appointments as well as walk-ups the whole weekend and will be tattooing designs out of a book of flash I'll have with me. Hope to see some of you guys there!