LST Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

CultExciter

Haven't heard the new album, but the old one is a game-changer. Absolute classic.

Yes. 3030 was crazy good, no counting how many times I've listened to it. Event II is awesome, reminiscent of the original but not recycled. Plenty of featured artists, solid beats, and it feels like Del remembered how to tell a story. Some of his recent albums were kinda let downs, glad to hear he's still got it.

That 3030 is my shit. When I read this, I was actually listening to Both Sides of The Brain.

New Danny Brown is quite enjoyable as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about getting a Wu-Tang tattoo. But I'm looking for an artist that would be into them too. It probably doesn't matter that they listen to them, but it'd be nice. I'm probably over-thinking this. Henry Lewis immediately comes to mind, but I know he's usually into doing bigger work. Same with Andre Malcolm. Jonah Levin's a possibility.

Henry put a little Wu-Tang symbol in the jewel of a dagger he did on my homey Nate. You can be sneaky.

Yes. 3030 was crazy good, no counting how many times I've listened to it. Event II is awesome, reminiscent of the original but not recycled. Plenty of featured artists, solid beats, and it feels like Del remembered how to tell a story. Some of his recent albums were kinda let downs, glad to hear he's still got it.

The single from the new album is good not great. I think because I hold the first album in such a high regard, that anything considered the follow up would let me down.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Sides of the Brain is super good. So is No Need For Alarm. I'm a Danny Brown fan as well.

And I think you were one of the posters that mentioned Henry Lewis to me in the first place, somewhere on this board.

That 3030 is my shit. When I read this, I was actually listening to Both Sides of The Brain.

New Danny Brown is quite enjoyable as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Henry put a little Wu-Tang symbol in the jewel of a dagger he did on my homey Nate. You can be sneaky.

I got that central services lp by camu Tao and el p recently and although not strictly hip hop it's superb. Anyone checked the new RJD2 out yet ?

Haven't heard any new RJD2, but his first album was a classic. I liked his second album as well.

As far as El-P goes, Run The Jewels is so damn good.