Newbie here

Janerae

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I am Jane, I currently have 2 tattoos and working on planning a few more and hoping I can get some honest feedback and opinions from strangers since friends and family are too nice.

Jane

Since my toddler is giving me a few minutes of quiet time by playing quietly, I thought I would post my story and pics of my current tattoos.

At 18 years, my 3 best friends (Jennie, Anne, Betsy) and I decided to get friendship tattoos--Jennie drew a fairy design for us. Each of our birthdays fall in a different season, so each were going to have the fairy tweaked to show that season. It had a full dress on, kneeling down looking like she would take off flying at any moment, with a look of reckless youth on her face...representing our passage into adulthood and leaving our childhood behind. Mine was Winter, so reds, gray, black with a punky pixie hair cut.

I was the first to turn...and the only one to get the tattoo after my horrible experience. He initially tried to talk me into sexing my fairy up, claiming I'll want a sexy fairy when I start going to bars and into college--I maintained no, my design was what I knew I wanted, so he just cleaned up the design to work as a tattoo and the stencil was EXACTLY what I wanted, though I did give in when he said the placement I wanted would be wrong for my tattoo--I wanted it on my shoulder, he said center lower back would be a better placement.

I started getting iffy after he finished the outline and it didn't look anything like what was discussed--he reassured me that it only looks wrong because of just being a partial outline and I was looking at in a mirror, once he finished, added the shading, and colors it would be exactly what was drawn up on paper. To make the story shorter--I ended up in tears with a free tattoo and the owner fired him on the spot....small town--he currently works at McDonald's and tattooing from his mom's basement.

I am wanting a cover up done--waiting til I can drive over to a place that has some great reviews (thinking of posting here to see if anyone has experiences with Tim Beck in Peoria IL). I'm perfectly ok with having some laser work done , if needed. I've got a tree that I am wanting as big back piece. I am also looking at having my wrist tattoo covered--hoping for roses and vines. I still like my wrist tattoo, but now that I find myself as a wife and mother (neither of which I ever thought I wanted) and the fact it was to tie in with the fairy--I'm ready to let it go for something better.

EDIT: I gotta figure out how to add pics...so those are pending.

and here are the pics...

awful-fairy

Edited by Janerae
adding photos