Horitaka's State of Grace puts on a great Bay Area Tattoo Convention!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important info from Takahiro Kitamurato (Taki)'s Facebook page-

"all the artists tattooing at the SFO CONVENTION, roman and i just were told by the health dept. that everyone needs to register with them and pay a $98 fee. This must be done by October 20th or they will not let you tattoo. You can call to pay over the phone 650-372-6218 attention Mary. thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. i will send more info when i get back from london!!"

One more thing to look forward to at the sweet tatty convention-

New Book Release and Signing by Jill "Horiyuki" Mandelbaum

Tattoo Artist: A Collection of Narratives

Featuring interviews with Adam Barton, Grez, Eric Jones, Henning Jorgensen, Gary Kosmala, Oliver Peck, Heath Preheim, Javi Rodriguez, Robert Ryan, Richard Stell, Chris Trevino, Jef Whitehead and Pinky Yun.

i really want to go but i'll be volunteering at work for part of Saturday. i know i'm going to sound like a total square/dope when i say this, but is everyone trying to meet up at a certain time or place, or just making the rounds to say hi?

i know i'm going to sound like a total square/dope when i say this, but is everyone trying to meet up at a certain time or place, or just making the rounds to say hi?

I'll be there on Sunday, probably mostly at Scott's both, telling him how to do his job, 'cause he really loves that.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the sweet tatty convention tonight and actually had a real good time. I got to meet a few friends in person that I've met here in cyberspace, and it wasn't even a little bit weird. This convention has a classy vibe to it, nothing resembling the madness of some other conventions. I'll be missing it tomorrow, but please come say hello to me if you make it out on Sunday.

Wait, that was YOU getting the backpiece from Scott? Right on! I can't wait to see pics. No one will believe you when they find out how fast he is.

Speaking of pics, here are some freshies of what I got last night.

Mike Wilson:

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Richard Stell:

IMG_1077.jpg